Trailer Guides

ShortRod

At some point this summer I need to replace my 4 carpet/cloth covered wooden guides on my boat trailer. They are Approx just over 8’ long.

Can anyone provide info on where to get the marine grade carpet to put on my new guides? I live near Woodstock as a reference.

Only a couple bolts holding them down on each rail so probably do it next time I go out of port and let my first mate take the boat for a rip while u swap the rails in the parking lot.

Appreciate any info

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Amazon has it in a few different colours and widths. I got some from there last year since I couldnt find any locally.

I just use the heavier Home Depot outdoor grey carpet. I don't think it lasts quite as long but the wooden bunks underneath rot out and should be replaced.

I got the C.E Smith 18" wide stuff to go around a 2x6 which is a bit harder to find.

Ya my rails are 2x6 as well. 11” wont cut it unless I leave the bottom exposed. I will look on amazon. Thanks for the input

I just picked up some heavy duty 28" wide runner carpet for my bunks. $12 for 9 feet at home depot. Pretty sure they charged the wrong price but I wasn't gonna argue :D

Josh

Try C A S marine in ayr they might have it ,thats where i got mine. They had different lengths and widths.

I just replaced my bunks this year.I went with 2x6 x9ft pt with 1/2 " puckboard on top.About $200 .I can crank my 18ft boat with one hand now.A bit expensive but well worth it.

Got mine at Bridge Yacht in port dover. You should be able to get this at a Marine/boat supplier. Better to get the marine grade rather than just a carpet IMO.

I put HMW plastic on my bunks. Made it so much easier to winch Thorn on from the ground and she no longer freezes to the trailer on cold December mornings.

Here's the marine grade CE Smith trailer roll carpet 18" wide on Amazon that @G. Mech mentioned.

That's the one, it's not the cheapest but it is really heavy duty material and should last a long time used on PT wood. The original bunks weren't even PT and they were completely rotten after 6 years. I glued mine on with outdoor carpet adhesive and used Stainless staples in the bottom side so hopefully I'm good for a few years.
I considered the UHMW plastic slides on the bunks but I normally back down the ramp with everything unhooked and was worried about the boat sliding off...

Here's the marine grade CE Smith trailer roll carpet 18" wide on Amazon that @G. Mech mentioned.

Thanks fellas. Ya wave runner that’s the stuff I was gonna buy. Two rolls should do my 4pcs 8’6” adequately.

Thanks everyone

Herefishyfishy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks