Too Bumpy

Could get Ugly

We drove down to Port Stanley. We watched a bigger Lund boat head out and it looked like they were getting pounded. I decided it is too rough for my 16 1/2’ boat. Not too many boats out there either. So off to Long Point we go. Blew a tire on the way down too. Maybe that was my 1st sign.

We drove down to Port Stanley. We watched a bigger Lund boat head out and it looked like they were getting pounded. I decided it is too rough for my 16 1/2’ boat. Not too many boats out there either. So off to Long Point we go. Blew a tire on the way down too. Maybe that was my 1st sign.
Sorry 😞 to read about your blown tire @Could get Ugly on your way down to port stanley & the rough looking conditions off port stanley,for your 16 1/2 foot long boat 🚤. Hopefully things don’t come in 3th’s today for you,and tight lines and Fish ON!! ( perch,pike,or bass ?),and what are you fishing for on long point bay? 🤔 Tight lines my friend,and the walleye’s will have to wait for you off port stanley on another day,perhaps with the @Red Hering again. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Careful if launching at port Rowan, their is pot hole big enough to damage tires. I haven't been down since - So the region may have filled it. Its on the north side of the ramp about 2.5 ft of water. Single axel tires drop right in and you rock it to get out. --Not good. Hopefully repaired / filled already.

Sorry 😞 to read about your blown tire @Could get Ugly on your way down to port stanley & the rough looking conditions off port stanley,for your 16 1/2 foot long boat 🚤. Hopefully things don’t come in 3th’s today for you,and tight lines and Fish ON!! ( perch,pike,or bass ?),and what are you fishing for on long point bay? 🤔 Tight lines my friend,and the walleye’s will have to wait for you off port stanley on another day,perhaps with the @Red Hering again. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
I hope the 3s are done. My trailer lights quit working. Probably that raccoon that ran out in front of me and went under the boat. I carry another magnetic just in case. Then the lake was too rough. So that’s three. Launched at Colin’s and got some big ass minnows. Trying for perch or bass and it’s slow. Might have to eat these minnows. Lol .

I hope the 3s are done. My trailer lights quit working. Probably that raccoon that ran out in front of me and went under the boat. I carry another magnetic just in case. Then the lake was too rough. So that’s three. Launched at Colin’s and got some big ass minnows. Trying for perch or bass and it’s slow. Might have to eat these minnows. Lol .
talk to our resident chef Trevor----bound to have some useful recipes for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

talk to our resident chef Trevor----bound to have some useful recipes for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Panko. LOTS, and I do mean LOTS of garlic butter, dill weed, salt and pepper......then shoot'em down like you're supposed to a shot in the bar.....DO NOT take time to taste it or you're gonna be in trouble from the get go.........then before ya cook'em, right about when you've thoroughly turned your nose up to the idea........forget the panko, dill weed, pepper and garlic butter, and just salt'em, put'em in the freezer.......and go to your favorite restaurant that serves fish and chips, and order it.:ROFLMAO:

We launched out of port Bruce today this morning with 16 1/2 ft Lund had no problems got a calmer further we went out

Went outta Stanley just before 7 this morning. Rough ride out but then it settled down. Two man limit plus a nice sized bonus bow. Used my AC shiners for the first time today and they were responsible for half of the fish we kept today. Off the water around 1130 today.

Went for the evening bite out of Stanley as it looked to have calmed and I avoid that ramp mid-day on weekends. Launched around 6:30 solo. Bit bumpy but not bad for my small boat. Straight out to 61'. Circled there for a limit of perfect eaters on leadcore with spoons real quick sorting out a few of the smallest ones I have seen all season.After that ended up throwing on some never used body baits fun fishing the way in and they had no problems hooking up. Good way to build confidence in new baits. Back at launch around 830 and glad I went!

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_222650.jpg
    IMG_20220828_222650.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220829_131458.jpg
    IMG_20220829_131458.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Went for the evening bite out of Stanley as it looked to have calmed and I avoid that ramp mid-day on weekends. Launched around 6:30 solo. Bit bumpy but not bad for my small boat. Straight out to 61'. Circled there for a limit of perfect eaters on leadcore with spoons real quick sorting out a few of the smallest ones I have seen all season.After that ended up throwing on some never used body baits fun fishing the way in and they had no problems hooking up. Good way to build confidence in new baits
That’s Amazing fishing there @Steellee 👍👍🙂 and “OH” how I wished that I had my part that I need for my outboard motor,to get back out there,for some more of that fantastic walleye fishing!! Enjoy your walleye fry!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks