This is what happens when I don’t go fishing after work.….

Ita great box, you can browse quickly, rank your lures and no more tangles. One word of caution, when you drive, if its a truck or an suv, dont put it at the back. Any speedbump will make a mess, I found this a hard way on the way to promenade launch once;)

Ita great box, you can browse quickly, rank your lures and no more tangles. One word of caution, when you drive, if its a truck or an suv, dont put it at the back. Any speedbump will make a mess, I found this a hard way on the way to promenade launch once;)
Thank you for the heads up! Don’t want that to happen 😖

Also I like the idea of ranking them
Right now they’re half assed in there by colour.. but I like the ranking system
But then I’ll Likely only ever flip to the one slide hahaha

Pro tip: place an elastic from end to end on each tray just below the treble. Keeps the spoons in place for rough roads or rough water. This allows me to put multiple spoons in each slot since I have a small gear buying problem.

Rick
Hahaha thanks for the tip! I got this box because I was starting to double up body baits and spoons in my Plano outfitter bag..
spoons not so bad doubling up. But the body baits were a mess so tangled I would rather not use them then untangle out there when I’m trying to fish 😂 and the spoons were a pain because I’d have to open the box and flip them around and search..
I’m hoping this one makes it much easier to look at the spoons. now they’re all spread out with room to expand 😉

Hahaha thanks for the tip! I got this box because I was starting to double up body baits and spoons in my Plano outfitter bag..
spoons not so bad doubling up. But the body baits were a mess so tangled I would rather not use them then untangle out there when I’m trying to fish 😂 and the spoons were a pain because I’d have to open the box and flip them around and search..
I’m hoping this one makes it much easier to look at the spoons. now they’re all spread out with room to expand 😉
Tip for body baits there is plastic hook covers you put on the hooks it will never tangle in the boxScreenshot_20210729-073147_Samsung Internet.jpg

I’ve been running an UMCO 4500 tackle box for salmon and walleye since I won it at the Dofasco club meeting in 1988. It’s a massive box. We named it the SCAC (self contained angling center) But despite all the space I’m now way past tripling spoons and plugs etc in the compartments. Hook bonnets were always a pita for me as I’m usually in a hurry when setting up. I just caved and picked up a special mate plug box at Bills bait as well. One major plus is it sits nicely on top of my cooler under the seating. I think there is likely room for two of them actually, and they will stow in my below deck compartments as well. Haven’t loaded it yet or used it. The system looks stupid simple.

From you guys that run them - any pros and cons I need to look out for?

I’ve been running an UMCO 4500 tackle box for salmon and walleye since I won it at the Dofasco club meeting in 1988. It’s a massive box. We named it the SCAC (self contained angling center) But despite all the space I’m now way past tripling spoons and plugs etc in the compartments. Hook bonnets were always a pita for me as I’m usually in a hurry when setting up. I just caved and picked up a special mate plug box at Bills bait as well. One major plus is it sits nicely on top of my cooler under the seating. I think there is likely room for two of them actually, and they will stow in my below deck compartments as well. Haven’t loaded it yet or used it. The system looks stupid simple.

From you guys that run them - any pros and cons I need to look out for?
It's the best box I've used, just like turning the pages of a book then pick out what you want. Yes it's really simple and that's why it's so great no more rummaging through boxes looking for lures. The only con I can think of would be flipping it upside down but then that's disaster a with any of them. 🙂

It's the best box I've used, just like turning the pages of a book then pick out what you want. Yes it's really simple and that's why it's so great no more rummaging through boxes looking for lures. The only con I can think of would be flipping it upside down but then that's disaster a with any of them. 🙂
I think the foam on the top is supposed to trap the hooks in case the box gets flipped but it doesn’t look thick enough to me. I have some closed cell foam I might experiment with once I see how it works as is.

I think the foam on the top is supposed to trap the hooks in case the box gets flipped but it doesn’t look thick enough to me. I have some closed cell foam I might experiment with once I see how it works as is.
Fortunately I have never had to find out what happens if you do flip it but I'm not going to do it on purpose just to find out. :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks