Thinking about doing a ice fishing trip any suggestions

JASON83

me my wife and friends and 2 kids looking to go ice fishing trip for friday to saturday end of january or febuary thinking about bay of quinte or lake simcoe looking for reccomendations and looking for a outfitter where we could stay on the ice over night

thanks jason

If your going to simcoe, the sooner the better. Operators are usually on fish off the hop but it slows down into February for most people. Picks back up in March but operators usually pull the huts early for safety

I have been to Sun Set Farms a couple of times, and @twodogs has been there numerous times. They are located on Prince Edward County. You won't find any better hospitality than there. Fishing is awesome and you will be taken out to his huts just outside the Narrows on the Bay of Quinte. We have used our own pop-up and transportation. The cabins are very well maintained, you just need to bring your food.

http://www.sunsetcabins.ca/

Just a suggestion, if you were open to something else, this could be another option.
Ice Fishing Bus Trip

When: Sunday January 27th
Where: Lake Simcoe
Cost: Adult - $85.00 Children up to 16 yrs old - $65.00

Includes - bus fare, ice hut, minnows and pizza & pop on the way home

We will meet at the South/West end of Eastgate Square Mall no later that 4:45 am.
The bus will leave at 5:00 am sharp

We can accommodate up to 40 people. To make sure you secure a spot please have the monies in by Sunday January 20th. We will try to accommodate groups into huts appropriate for group size.

If you are interested or need more information please contact :

Denis - 905-870-7078

Roland - 905-575-3534

I have been to Sun Set Farms a couple of times, and @twodogs has been there numerous times. They are located on Prince Edward County. You won't find any better hospitality than there. Fishing is awesome and you will be taken out to his huts just outside the Narrows on the Bay of Quinte. We have used our own pop-up and transportation. The cabins are very well maintained, you just need to bring your food.

http://www.sunsetcabins.ca/
That's a good recomendation Jim. We,ve been going to Sunset Farms for 33 years now and have always had great hospitality and accomodations to go along with the fishing. Can't wait to get out again soon.
Ron

Thirty-three years of going to the same place should say something Ron. That’s being like part of the Rabbie family. Mark and Muriel sure do accommodate their guests.
Being retired now, my son wants to head up there this winter. But being busier than ever working on the farm and being on call for a local landscaper to do snow removal, time is hard to find.

Thirty-three years of going to the same place should say something Ron. That’s being like part of the Rabbie family. Mark and Muriel sure do accommodate their guests.
Being retired now, my son wants to head up there this winter. But being busier than ever working on the farm and being on call for a local landscaper to do snow removal, time is hard to find.
WHAT :oops:!! Being busier than ever @Three Bouys ever since you retired just doesn’t sound right!! LOL :giggle: You are “Not Living The Dream!!” :confused:;)Does that also mean 31200E8B-793E-48B2-916B-183FF997DE0D.jpegDFBDC910-1687-4D56-BA3F-56A6755D88C8.jpegD527B645-197C-49CB-9711-311AE22F14C1.jpeg1FBC9938-DE57-4103-A079-DEB09DB890CF.jpegthat our ice fishing trip’s on Long Point Bay or even on the Thames River jigging for walleye’s,(if there is safe ice),are cancelled?? LOL ;) Well,hopefully you/us can get out this ice fishing season & FISH ON!!(y)(y)(y)(y);):)

@Red Hering for the next 10 days I have to look after the farm less the chickens which has been shipped out. Just need to feed the cattle and do some maintenance on the skid steer and equipment. Then the first week of March again it’s look after the farm plus 29,000 chickens. Other than those dates, the farmer will have work without me ??? and we will get together.

@Red Hering for the next 10 days I have to look after the farm less the chickens which has been shipped out. Just need to feed the cattle and do some maintenance on the skid steer and equipment. Then the first week of March again it’s look after the farm plus 29,000 chickens. Other than those dates, the farmer will have work without me ??? and we will get together.
That sounds fantastic @Three Bouys and now to wait for some good safe ice,so that we could possibly “hookup” for some ice fishing & Fish ON!! (y):)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks