The North

Sure beats arguing about boat launches and covid . I’d rather argue if those are walleye I caught or pickerel . They are walleye btw View attachment 23330View attachment 23331View attachment 23332View attachment 23334View attachment 23335View attachment 23336View attachment 23337View attachment 23338
nice Pickerel there @Ramrod , where were you up north, I'm heading to Gowganda friday, to fish Gowganda Lake and some surrounding lakes and rivers...seen the snow there,, my buddies were up long weekend and some of the lakes still had ice on them,,,cheers,,,hope the black flies aren't to bad..

nice Pickerel there @Ramrod , where were you up north, I'm heading to Gowganda friday, to fish Gowganda Lake and some surrounding lakes and rivers...seen the snow there,, my buddies were up long weekend and some of the lakes still had ice on them,,,cheers,,,hope the black flies aren't to bad..

Around Chapleau. I’ve saw some lakes still iced over last week , but I think they are all open now . It’s been warmer here then home most days . Good luck walleye fishing

Never had much luck On Georgian Bay . Fished quite a bit around the Midland / penatang area . Caught bass and pike never any walleye
I've never fished down there.
We're outside the Magnetawan river, about 45 minutes north of Parry Sound.
I don't target walleye but do catch them sometimes when fishing pike and muskie.
Looks like you didn't have any trouble up north! Lol

Good luck fishing @poconokidII up North when you go.I can’t wait to see your photo’s as well just like @Ramrod great photo’s that he posted.The North is a fantastic place to fish as you already know & the scenery especially makes up for it and of course the wildlife,etc. Be safe & tight lines & Enjoy!! ? ???:cool:

thx there @Red Hering and @Ramrod , yes the scenery and wildlife up there is amazing, we always see moose on the way up and back, and occasionally on the water, like you said there @Ramrod the bass are open season there . We usually catch quite a few bass, pike and pickerel, and if we go to Beauty Lake there are lakers there,,, we usually keep enough fish for a fry on sunday nite...Chapleau is a nice spot to we go by it on our way to Nakina for our flyin...cheers and tight lines,,,,@red Herring the red lund is going north,,,,

Anyone staying at a fish camp or operator while going up north? Or are you guys staying at private cottages? I have a trip to the French river coming up June 6th for a week and am wondering if it’s going to be cancelled or not.. it is a marina which is open. But we stay in cabins there ? Any thoughts?

Nice fish even though they are pickerel especially up there !!! Iam heading out soon. Year round bass season and some jumbo gators to boot !!
Yup in Northern Ontario they call them pickerel. Caught many "pickerel" as a teen living on the Abitibi River. However calling them pickerel is actually a nickname. They are walleye, "Opal Eyes". In truth I have never caught a real pickerel. Caught a variety of fish in the Abitibi -- walleye, pike, sturgeon, lyng, and whitefish. But never a grass pickerel. Interesting article and picture about it here: https://watersheds.ca/walleye-or-pickerel-the-great-debate/

thx there @Red Hering and @Ramrod , yes the scenery and wildlife up there is amazing, we always see moose on the way up and back, and occasionally on the water, like you said there @Ramrod the bass are open season there . We usually catch quite a few bass, pike and pickerel, and if we go to Beauty Lake there are lakers there,,, we usually keep enough fish for a fry on sunday nite...Chapleau is a nice spot to we go by it on our way to Nakina for our flyin...cheers and tight lines,,,,@red Herring the red lund is going north,,,,
Your red lund is going North as well @poconokidII you were saying?? :unsure: I am following you with my red Lund 0B7FC9D3-5098-49BF-8CE8-28679220FA77.jpeg also & those fish will now be in deep trouble once we arrive there!! lol:ROFLMAO:???;)?:D

Anyone staying at a fish camp or operator while going up north? Or are you guys staying at private cottages? I have a trip to the French river coming up June 6th for a week and am wondering if it’s going to be cancelled or not.. it is a marina which is open. But we stay in cabins there ? Any thoughts?
Marinas are open as are ramps. No rentals of cottages shorter than 7days I am told .

those fish will be seeing double there @Red Hering if we both show up lol

@Wolkovitch my buddies were to go on a flyin trip june 6th and its cancelled till end of june if permitted,, as far as us were going to a private cottage,,, you should try getting a hold of the rental place on the French and see if its still a go... cheers..

Attachments

• 6CE1CC49-2FDB-48B5-B6E4-9B19C97AC6AB.JPG
    6CE1CC49-2FDB-48B5-B6E4-9B19C97AC6AB.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Thanks @

@Wolkovitch my buddies were to go on a flyin trip june 6th and its cancelled till end of june if permitted,, as far as us were going to a private cottage,,, you should try getting a hold of the rental place on the French and see if its still a go... cheers..

thanks. Yeah your right about calling them.. I’m not the organizer but maybe I’m scared of calling and they say it’s cancelled hahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks