Off Topic The missus may approve of a new boat...opinions?

They will be hard to find but a glass catamaran might be the ticket for you, they ride incredibly smooth and only draft 9-12" of water

If for some reason I decide on an aluminum boat, it'll probably be a crestliner or alumacraft. Definitely some of the better boats I've seen/ been in. But for what I'm wanting to get, I'm leaning more towards a glass boat. I'll keep an eye out for the trophy pros. The flared bow definitely piques my interest. I havent met anyone that complains about a dry ride. What I've noticed though, are the flared bows I've seen also come with higher freeboard which isn't ideal for casting. If there's one thing everyone needs to know about me, I hate compromising when I'm paying good money for something 😅. Those kingfishers are nice aluminum boats though but I'd have to win the lottery first
High freeboard is what I wanted for Great Lakes but not so good for casting for bass, etc. Once you get into a bigger glass boat the multi-purpose rig definitely is compromised. Its the difficulty of fishing big waters. I love mine for Erie but honestly I miss a multi purpose boat also. Ive considered going back to a 19' big beam aluminum that will handle Erie but could be used drifting the rivers for eyes, trailering to a smaller inland lake. Only problem...like you mentioned...the stuff I want like the Crestliners or the Kingfishers or the big Lunds...thats all $$$$ 6 figures and that ain't gonna happen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks