Thames River jet boating

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took pops for a tour yesterday. We launched at the forks and toured upriver all the way to Fanshawe Dam then headed back downstream. Was gonna pull out when we got back to the forks but pops was having a blast and asked if we had gas to get to Springbank.....so off we headed, all the way to Byron before turning around and heading back to the put in. Beautiful afternoon for a cruise! Plenty of surprised looks, waves, thumbs up and people pulling out cameras along the way 😂 Even a few warnings of "its pretty shallow up there" 😜
View attachment 20210929_124253.mp4
View attachment 20210929_130317.mp4
View attachment 20210929_132223.mp4
And because this is a section for fishing reports I might as well mention that we saw a few Walleye landed as well 😉

Josh

That would have been a great rig for some of the rivers we run in our freighter canoe moose hunting years ago. You sure had beautiful day to take dad for a run Josh. Time well spent! (y)

That would have been a great rig for some of the rivers we run in our freighter canoe moose hunting years ago. You sure had beautiful day to take dad for a run Josh. Time well spent! (y)
Thats exactly what most of these boats are used for 😉 They will plane out relatively easily with 2 or 3 guys and a full moose! They're rated for 6 people and 2000lbs! The supplier I ordered from is in Alaska. He recommended a larger motor but the 40 Yammie seems like plenty for my needs....

Josh

Hee Haw!!... that would interesting at WOT with a big gator thrashing around inside. 🐊 🤪

Crazy machine, do you have any idea how much water it drafts on plane?
Maybe 2" with 2 people? I'm looking forward to running it and getting videos in some clearer water soon 😉 The polyurethane bottom armour is super slick and It'll slide over exposed gravel/sandbars easily. I've seen videos of guys jumping logjams with them and sliding long distances across snow covered islands 😄

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks