Tbangers at the grocery store... Burwell July 25th AM

The Neighbour went through so many worms today I had to put a lure in the water. 🤪 🌻
Speaking of such…. We parked or drove past a few big mobs of fish. Do you ever just drop a line and jig????? I don’t think I have seen anyone do that out of burwell. Asking for a frustrated neighbor

Anyone else out of Burwell with a probe see these temperatures yesterday?

To my memory these are very unusual.

brwltmps.jpg

I started a little West and shallower than usual in pretty disappointing water so set a target for the last trip's water and finished with a flurry the closer it got.

I've seen these temperatures on @scrimmy 's screen before but not in Burwell so far this year.

There's usually only a few degrees top to bottom that I've seen.

Wondered at first if having to change the batteries ( low bat warning when dropping the probe) had caused a calibration issue. 🌻

View attachment 77232

I started a little West and shallower than usual in pretty disappointing water so set a target for the last trip's water and finished with a flurry the closer it got.

I've seen these temperatures on @scrimmy 's screen before but not in Burwell so far this year.

Wondered at first if having to change the batteries ( low bat warning when dropping the probe) had caused a calibration issue. 🌻
I seen the same temps last night, I was surprised as well but it also explains the large # of cohos being cought

View attachment 77232

That's pretty normal from my experience this time of year. The thermocline is finally starting to set up and will continue to move deeper as the season progresses. The warmer water in the top 30 ft explains why most of the walleye are up top too. I didn't run my probe yesterday but you can tell on your sonar pretty well where the thermocline is. There's usually a sudden 20°F drop at the thermocline which lasts right through August into September before the lake flips.

Last edited:

View attachment 77232

This is due to the north winds lately bringing cold water to us. It does usually happen every year.

View attachment 77232

Attachments

• IMG_2493.png
    IMG_2493.png
    319.2 KB · Views: 5
water at long point beach and at the Stanley ramp was freaking cold last week, also saw similar temps like Hwyhaul on fish hawk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks