Off Topic Taken directly from the Gov't of Canada Covid 19 website.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

The following was copied and pasted directly from the Gov't of Canada website the PM keeps telling everyone to go to for more information. THIS is what they want us to be doing.

"How coronavirus spreads

Human coronaviruses cause infections of the nose, throat and lungs. They are most commonly spread from an infected person through:

• respiratory droplets generated when you cough or sneeze
  • close, prolonged personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands
  • touching something with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands
Current evidence suggests person-to-person spread is efficient when there is close contact.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELF-MONITOR, SELF-ISOLATE AND ISOLATE

There is a difference between advice to self-monitor, advice to self-isolate and advice to isolate. It is important to note these measures are in place to protect the health and safety of Canadians.

SELF-MONITOR
Self-monitoring means to:

• monitor yourself for 14 days for symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough, fever and difficulty breathing
• avoid crowded places and increase your personal space from others whenever possible
• If you develop symptoms, isolate yourself from others immediately and contact your public health authority as soon as possible.

SELF-ISOLATE
Self-isolate if you:

• have no symptoms and
• have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days or
• have come in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or
• have been asked to do so by your public health authority

Self-isolation means to:

• stay at home and monitor yourself for symptoms, even if mild, for 14 days
• avoid contact with others

If you have no symptoms but have been exposed to COVID-19, you can still go outside for:

• fresh air
• a run
• a bike ride
• to walk the dog

While doing these activities, always maintain a distance of at least 2 arms-length (approximately 2 metres) from others. Refer to our guidance for more information on how to self-isolate at home when you may have been exposed and have no symptoms.

If you develop symptoms, even if mild, stay home, avoid other people and contact your public health authority as soon as possible.

ISOLATE
You need to be isolated if you:

• have symptoms, even if mild, associated with COVID-19 or
• have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or
• are waiting for laboratory test results or
• have been advised to do so by your Public Health Authority

Isolating yourself means to:

• stay home until the local public health authority says you are no longer at risk of spreading the virus
• avoid contact with others
• If your symptoms get worse, immediately contact your healthcare provider or Public Health Authority and follow their instructions.

SOCIAL DISTANCING

Together, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 by making a conscious effort to keep a physical distance between each other. Social distancing is proven to be one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of illness during an outbreak.

This means making changes in your everyday routines to minimize close contact with others, including:

• avoiding crowded places and non-essential gatherings
• avoiding common greetings, such as handshakes
• limiting contact with people at higher risk like older adults and those in poor health
• keeping a distance of at least 2 arms-length (approximately 2 metres) from others

WHAT DOES SOCIAL DISTANCING MEAN?

This means making changes in your everyday routines in order to minimize close contact with others, including:

• avoiding crowded places and non-essential gatherings
• avoiding common greetings, such as handshakes
• limiting contact with people at higher risk (e.g. older adults and those in poor health)
• keeping a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, as much as possible

Here’s how you can practice social distancing:

• greet with a wave instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug
• stay home as much as possible, including for meals and entertainment
• shop or take public transportation during off-peak hours
• conduct virtual meetings
• host virtual playdates for your kids
• use technology to keep in touch with friends and family

If possible,

• use food delivery services or online shopping
• exercise at home or outside
• work from home

Remember to:

• wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
• cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm
• avoid touching surfaces people touch often

WEARING MASKS

If you are a healthy individual, the use of a mask is not recommended for preventing the spread of covid-19.

Wearing a mask when you are not ill may give a false sense of security. There is a potential risk of infection with improper mask use and disposal. They also need to be changed frequently.

However, your health care provider may recommend you wear a mask if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 while you are seeking or waiting for care. In this instance, masks are an appropriate part of infection prevention and control measures. The mask acts as a barrier and helps stop the tiny droplets from spreading you when you cough or sneeze."

The rest of this is what I posted in discussions about this on other social media platforms,..and before anyone decides to rip into me over what I say here if they disagree with it, I want you to remember something. We are all afraid and that fear is real and warranted. This is serious and it should be treated as such.....BUT, if we control our fear, we control the panic, and when we control that, we are rational and reasonable, and when we are rational and reasonable, we take control back from this virus and that, controlling the fear and the panic is just as important as getting a handle on and gaining control of this virus. Panic doesn't help anything. It makes things worse. (Look at the grocery store shelves, and the stock markets as your examples. THAT is what panic creates.)

I also want you to remember that my wife is a para transit driver. Her job has been deemed essential, and therefore she has been going to work every day and she may or has had interactions with people both before this pandemic and since who may be suffering from illnesses as have every one of her co-workers. They are not permitted to refuse service to anyone and her employer per the above, and as they did prior to any of this, has deemed it absolutely forbidden for her or her coworkers to wear any PPE without first gaining expressed written permission from the client her employer represents. She is at greater risk of being exposed, (there are no reports to her employer that anyone has been exposed by a client yet but there are confirmed cases of Covid 19 in the city in which she works) and they have been told even if they are healthy, if they feel their health and safety is at risk, or if they have preexisting conditions or have immediate family who do that put them at greater risk, they can invoke their right to refuse to work in an unsafe working environment and take a leave of absence and it will not be held against them. (while also being told if they are healthy they are expected to show up for work, so, if they are healthy and do invoke that right, with all due sarcasm, sure it won't be held against them.)

Four of her coworkers because of preexisting conditions did so, 2 others were forced into self isolation for 14 days, (1 called in sick a week ago, the other had just returned from vacation out of country but showed up for their first scheduled shift after coming back anyways before being sent home) and while I am concerned for my wife's health and well being, she is just as concerned about bringing something home to me because I am at home on a disability pension for back and hip issues that put me on the shelf permanently. My back is seriously buggered top to bottom and because it is, my ribs do not move as they are supposed to when I breathe. I don't get a full inhalation when I breathe in and because I don't, THAT puts me at greater risk of complications IF I do come down with this. I also have a history of bronchitis and pneumonia and a compromised immune system caused by an over prescribed dosage of a medication years ago while I was fighting yet another bout of pneumonia that did more damage than it did help. Believe me the last thing I want to be doing is coughing or sneezing for ANY reason, because when I do, it is incredibly painful.

Neither my wife nor I are ill in any way, nor are we having or showing any symptoms. We rarely leave the house through the week after she gets home from work unless it's absolutely necessary. We've also been staying home more on the weekends as we always do through the winter anyways. We've either been everywhere close to home so many times we don't want to go again, or the weather kept us home. (Reference my self hibernation I'm always talking about that usually ends in mid April)

We live under the same roof. Its a small place, smaller than most cottages or cabins at Pt Bruce. We sleep in the same bed. It's far too late to isolate from each other now and I know for a fact that IF my wife and I go for a walk and decide we're going to hold hands, someone might yell at us. Well, if you don't know us, who the hell are you to yell at us for doing what they have told us is ok because we live under the same roof especially if we aren't sick and have no symptoms? Wouldn't you be a little annoyed by others who don't know you doing that to you?? IF we do begin to feel ill, or we do begin to have symptoms we will BOTH immediately go into self isolation and contact the appropriate health care professionals and we will follow the direction they give us.

SO with that said......

"the above is the guidance my wife and are following and since this is the information on the website the PM keeps telling us to go to, it MUST be assumed it is up to date and accurate.

In general, UNLESS you fit any of the criteria listed above requiring you to self-isolate or go into full isolation, which includes those returning from out of country where it is now mandatory to go into isolation for 14 days and punishable by law if they don’t, everyone else IS still permitted to go outside but we are being asked and expected to abide by the physical distancing protocols and remain 2m or 6ft apart from anyone NOT in your immediate family. (people who live with you) and that is what we should all be doing.

YES, we are ALL being asked to stay home as much as possible, but we have not been told nor has there been any order yet made that specifically says we are absolutely forbidden to go outside under any circumstances other than to get groceries or for medical reasons, and should remain in our homes behind barricaded doors with our heads stuck in the ground. Quite the contrary, they're telling us if and when we do leave our homes they want us to be vigilante, abide by the physical distancing guidelines and directives, and that unless you meet those criteria listed above for self-isolating or going into full isolation, it is still ok to go outside.

We're all afraid of this thing. The fears are real, and they are warranted, but don't let them take control of your life. If you don't want to leave your home because of your fears, then don't. Nobody will think less of you, that's YOU taking care of YOU, but don't spread panic or what could be perceived as being panic trying to get others to do what YOU think they should be doing. If they’re healthy and have not been exposed to it, and aren’t showing any signs of it, they are permitted to go outside and be active wherever they wish, so long as it’s open, and they adhere to the physical distancing protocols.

Try to remember, HIV, SARS, H1N1, E-Bola and many other illnesses that were supposed to kill us all, didn't, but they certainly caused widespread fear and panic....but.....we eventually got a handle on them. We can treat them, even if we can't necessarily cure all of them yet. So we'll eventually get there and do the same with Covid 19 and isn't that a much more positive outlook than WAKE UP!!! STAY HOME!!! STAY HOME!!!....IF YOU DON'T WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! and while yes, sadly it is true that people are dying from this, not everyone who gets it is in fact dying, in fact if you look at the numbers, which yeah they're are staggering and they are frightening, they still show that more people are recovering than are dying.

Abide by the physical distancing directives, IF you're showing symptoms, abide by the self-monitoring, self-isolation or full isolation protocols as listed above or as directed by your health care professional. THAT is what we should be doing and THAT is all they are asking us to do. Nothing more and nothing less!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife too works directly with this virus. She works in a laboratory which intakes every and all tests done between Sarnia, Windsor, to Woodstock. They then get sent to Winnipeg for the actual testing. She has the risk of coming into contact with covid if test swap isnt placed in biohazard bag properly by person giving test, if virus somehow attached itself to the outside of the bag, if the bag is compromised in transport or if something happens at lab while she is handling the test. Their PPE is running out, they only have large sized gloves atm as small and medium are needed by everyone there....they are told they don't have to wear masks.
As for the guidance of the government, when my wife comes home from work she stays home. Any errand that needs to be done is by me. My work has sent me home for 4 weeks minimum. We sit on couch together yet keep our distance but we do share a bed. She is vigilant with hand washing and as I tend to not be rides me about washing hands the second I walk in the door. Then disinfect all surfaces I may have touched.

I agree that if everyone does their part then we can get through this pandemic, and also better prepare for the next one.

Stay safe everyone!

My wife too works directly with this virus. She works in a laboratory which intakes every and all tests done between Sarnia, Windsor, to Woodstock. They then get sent to Winnipeg for the actual testing. She has the risk of coming into contact with covid if test swap isnt placed in biohazard bag properly by person giving test, if virus somehow attached itself to the outside of the bag, if the bag is compromised in transport or if something happens at lab while she is handling the test. Their PPE is running out, they only have large sized gloves atm as small and medium are needed by everyone there....they are told they don't have to wear masks.
As for the guidance of the government, when my wife comes home from work she stays home. Any errand that needs to be done is by me. My work has sent me home for 4 weeks minimum. We sit on couch together yet keep our distance but we do share a bed. She is vigilant with hand washing and as I tend to not be rides me about washing hands the second I walk in the door. Then disinfect all surfaces I may have touched.

I agree that if everyone does their part then we can get through this pandemic, and also better prepare for the next one.

Stay safe everyone!
Your wife is a hero in my opinion
Thank you for the work she's doing for all of us ?

Stay safe everyone!

My wife and I are pretty much the same. As I said, we rarely if ever leave the house when she gets home from work through the week unless its absolutely necessary and it doesn't matter what time of year it is. We just don't go out through the week. Most of our outings have generally been on weekends because she's off on weekends. BUT, we're running out of places to go that we haven't been to multiple times so we haven't been going out as often on weekends as we would once the nicer weather gets here when we're more likely to venture further away from home. We rarely leave the house if we don't have to through the winter unless there is something that absolutely has to be done. That's normal for us, so this isn't really anything new, especially for me. I never leave the house unless I'm running errands or in nicer weather going fishing or doing something on a weekend with my wife. Being isolated is normal for me. As I said, I'm home alone all the time anyways when my wife is at work. It's just me, the cat, and the walls. (which apparently I'm supposed to clean tomorrow LOL)

Like you while we may sit on the couch at the same time, she's at one end, I'm at the other, or I'm in my chair.....and quite often, maybe a little more compared to before, it's normal for us to be in another room completely, (me watching what she calls "stupid :poop:" which you can translate to mean documentaries, NHL, CHL, NFL, CFL, MLB, boxing or if there is absolutely nothing else on maybe WWE and her watching her stuff, ie murder mysteries, CSI, Criminal Minds etc which sometimes I'll watch that stuff with her.) Clearly and for obvious reasons, I've been having a difficult time finding anything to watch on tv lately ;):(

Like you, I run the errands, be that groceries, laundry you name it, I'm the one who does that kind of stuff because I'm the one that's home all the time. Somewhere in another thread here is a full account of what my days are like, and that includes the fact that I am home alone all the time when she's at work. We never have company and we rarely visit anyone other than family and we aren't doing that right now either for obvious reasons. I just can't remember which thread (sorry)

I wash my hands a lot as it is anyways as I'm cleaning the house but as I said in that other thread, where once I did certain things on certain days, that isn't the case right now. Right now I'm cleaning and sanitizing everything, every day, that way when my wife comes home from work, she knows she's coming home to a safe home, (or as safe as I can possibly make it.) and it's not like I have anywhere to go anyways. Anything that might draw me out of the house other than groceries, laundry, gas or medical is closed and at least for me, it's still too early to go fishin.

I shared what I did because the information they want us to know and follow is out there. Some people are interpreting that in a way that says "You cannot under any circumstances leave your home. Period." And that isn't true nor is it what they are telling us. I shared my own personal thoughts because I see a lot of fear which is warranted, (hell I'm not afraid to say it, it scares me too) but I'm also seeing a lot of panic out there. I strongly believe if we control our fears, we control the panic, and by controlling the fears and the panic, that can only help to improve the situation while they go about the task of gaining control of this virus.

They aren't telling us (yet) that we can't leave our homes, UNLESS we meet that criteria listed in the original post of this thread about self isolation and full isolation or quarantine if you wish. What they're telling us is IF we do leave our homes to go for a walk, or groceries or any other reason especially if you aren't ill, this is what we want you to do. This is what we don't want you to do. We've already been forced to invoke the Quarantine Act. Don't force us to invoke the Emergency Measures Act which would and does grant the Federal Government if invoked, the authority to impose what essentially would be martial law. That is what the PM is trying to avoid, but as he's said quite forcefully, yet still very much calmly, IF it comes to that, if they are forced into that position......they will do it, but they'd rather not.

@BrentEve kudos to your wife with the risk she is exposed to.

This shit is serious, tonight's News included Fire Fighters, Police, our Emergency Services, some personnel are unfortunately testing positive.

My middle daughter's family has been on pins and needles as one of her husband's fellow task force officers required testing. Fortunately negative.

I'm only deemed essential and the changes I'm encountering over the last week are unreal.

This letter was attached to my bills from one of my regular customers.

pca1.jpg

If you aren't taking this situation completely seriously, get to it asap.

If you aren't taking this situation completely seriously, get to it asap.

I agree 100%. Take it very seriously but do so calmly, rationally, and reasonably. It's perfectly ok to be afraid, we all are, but don't let that fear control you. YOU control the fear. As I said in another thread, if you see someone struggling, abide by the physical distancing directives but ask that person if they're ok. Ask them if there is anything you can do to help them. Listen to them and if possible help them, but ensure that you maintain that physical distancing to protect both of you. Look to what we know, not what we don't know to aid in controlling the fear because what we know, while yes it is frightening, still far outweighs what we don't know. So, what do we know? This is by no means a complete list, but we know this:
  1. we know the illness known as Covid 19 is out there.
  2. we know like many, if not all other illnesses, it does not discriminate.
  3. we know it doesn't care about lines on a map.
  4. we know how it spreads.
  5. we know what it does.
  6. we've been advised of what we should be doing to protect ourselves.
  7. we've been advised of what we shouldn't be doing in our efforts to protect ourselves.
  8. we've been advised of what is still permissible and allowable.
  9. we've been advised of what is NOT still permissible and allowable.
  10. we've been advised of what we are to do IF we begin showing symptoms or have become ill in any way.
  11. we know what treatment methods are or appear to be working and which aren't according to severity of illness.
  12. we've been advised of what we may still do if we are not ill and we are symptom free.
  13. we know that not everyone who gets Covid 19 is going to become ill. (they've told us that already)
  14. we know that yes, tragically, lives have been lost BUT,
  15. we also know that far more people who have contracted this illness recover from it. (82% recovery rate world wide. In Canada the current recovery rate is 90%.) You can go to this website https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ to get those numbers and a breakdown by country.
  16. whether you like, dislike, agree with or don't agree with the gov't, we know what they're doing at all levels of gov't in their response to Covid19. We know this because for perhaps the first time since WW2, despite some political semantics over wording, they all appear to be on the same page, the messaging is now the same from all of them, and they're keeping us VERY well informed on what they're doing to help us get through this and come out the other side with as little pain and inconvenience as is humanly possible despite the current inconveniences none of us are all that pleased about.
  17. We have been told that our supply chains and our supplies of food, and medical are not in danger of collapse, but they may be short in certain supplies because they have been seriously strained due to panic and unnecessary hoarding.
What don't we know, again far from a complete list:
  1. we don't know how long this pandemic is going to last.
  2. we don't know with any certainty how long it will take to develop a vaccine. We have only estimates.
  3. while we are ALL susceptible, we do not know who will or who will not become ill with Covid 19.
  4. we do not know who is a carrier of the illness but showing no symptoms, nor do we know who is not.
  5. we do not know the medical history of anyone else, nor do we know what's going on in someone else's life UNLESS we know them very well....... so we don't know what someone else may be dealing with in their life, nor do we know if that person we just saw with a runny nose and coughing is suffering from "smokers cough," a common cold, seasonal allergies, or Covid 19 OR were they just crying over something personal (which could include their anxiety over Covid 19) to which we have no knowledge.
  6. THIS is perhaps the most important thing we do not know........of those people who do become ill with Covid 19, we do not know who will succumb to the illness, and who will recover from it. It is inappropriate to assume that ALL who become ill with it are going to succumb to it. The facts do not support that thought process.
Remember, your mental health is just as important as your physical health, perhaps more. Don't worry about the "what ifs." Don't worry about the "why's." Worry about the "what" because the "what" is what we know because those answers we have.

Worrying about and focusing on what we don't know, the "what ifs and the why's" is an exercise in futility. It will drive you nuts, especially if you aren't finding the answers you're hoping too and even more so if people aren't doing what you think they should be. You cannot control others, only yourself. Trying to control others and seeking to answer what if and why, instead of what, will only add to your already heightened anxieties and anger to the point of obsession. It's unhealthy.

So, focus on what we know. It will help you to get through this and as they discover the answers to some of those questions we don't yet know the answers too, they'll let us know and by the time this is over, there won't be much if anything left on that list of what we don't know because we will have found those answers and we will take what we know, and we will have applied what we have learned in the appropriate manner to address and defeat or at least control Covid 19.

Trevor M you sir are a very knowledgable man and the amount of research that you do to bring the information to the front. Thank you and when this is over l hope that l can get the chance to meet and fish with you. For all information my daughter is a PSW that works in a Nursing Home here in Hamilton and when she went in to work on Tuesday she found 2 residents running a fever after she complained last week that these 2 residents where going out and being with other people that the home says they can not stop. She went to get face masks and found out that the Manager had them locked in her office and she did not come in till 8.00am. She went nuts to be mild. She got her masks and continued her shift and got home and called head office to complain and was told they should be on all floors. She was called in to the Managers office on Wednesday along with her union steward and she told them before they even asked " YES I CALLED HEAD OFFICE WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT???" The Managers response was next time you have concerns come and see me. Daughter said YES RIGHT JUST LIKE YESTERDAY. She left to continue to look after her residents. Results have not come back yet but she is taking no chances.

Trevor M you sir are a very knowledgable man and the amount of research that you do to bring the information to the front. Thank you and when this is over l hope that l can get the chance to meet and fish with you.

I hope that you and your daughter, and everyone else are and will remain healthy and for those who have become ill, or know those who have, I hope and wish a speedy and full recovery.

Thank you for that LT, (and yes would love to meet and go fishin with you. Once this is over, you'll know where to find me. I've seen your boat and waved at you from the pier in Pt Bruce many times.) but thanking me while I appreciate it, it wasn't necessary. That's not why I put this information out there. I'm not looking for recognition. I'm trying to help people, and if I have. Great. Mission accomplished.

Being at home all the time I tend to have time to do the research others maybe don't, especially right now since I've cleaned this house so many times, it's become a matter of spray, wipe and sanitize, all done. Please don't tell my wife, she'll hand me a list a mile long I don't wanna do right now LOL.

When I see a need to share what I learn, I do so. I liken what I originally posted to being the same as me contacting the Ministry about something I may have been confused about in the regs, or that's being argued over, and then sharing what they tell me for the benefit of everyone. I felt that needed to be shared because there are a lot of people out there hearing stay home, and interpreting that to mean we cannot under any circumstances leave our homes for anything other than groceries or medical, even if we're healthy, and that is not at all what they have said. (At least not yet)

Aside from my physical ailments, which I gotta tell ya, right now I can barely move because my hips and back are bugging me so much. (As much as I look forward to winter being over, I hate it just as much because it always plays havoc with my body, same thing in the fall just before winter.) As I indicated some time ago in another thread, (months ago now) I've also had my battles with mental health illness. I was hospitalized for it years ago, and to be honest, I'm only using and sharing what they taught me during that time that helped me regain the control and balance I had lost, so when stuff like this happens, I'm not finding myself unable to cope with it and therefore back in a place mentally I NEVER want to be again, because if I do find myself back in that place, I'll be back in the hospital. The food was ok, but I'd rather not go there again thanks. It wasn't fun but neither was it supposed to be.

It's known as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and it literally saved my life ( I mean that in every sense of that statement.) and while I do not wish to imply or pretend to be a mental health professional because I am not one, I can speak from my experiences on this, and was encouraged to share not only what I've been through, but also what I learned if I was comfortable to do it. So, that's what I'm doing. I use this every day and have been since I was discharged from the hospital. It helps me, and when I share, (which I don't do often when it comes to this particular topic) if it helps others in the process of me helping me, then as I said, mission accomplished.

Given what has happened in my life since coming out of the hospital, (the development of the back, hip, neck and shoulder issues I have, losing my job and my career, being deemed unemployable as a result of those health issues, no longer making or having the kind of money I used to make and have, and feeling more useless than I did useful, plus the uncertainty of not knowing whether I would, let alone if I could walk again because when I first went off work, I couldn't, and there are still times, like right now where I can barely move and walking is not only difficult, it is extremely painful) it would have been VERY easy for me to fall back into the "spiral of despair" that put me in the hospital in the first place. I choose instead to use what they gave back to me. My ability to cope with very high stress and high anxiety events that life will inevitably throw at us by simply seeking the answer to the question, WHAT......What happened? Followed closely by is it within my scope of responsibility and control or isn't it? If it is, then take responsibility for it. If it isn't, then let it be.

For example, when it comes to my health issues, I can answer the question of what. I know what happened to me. I can tell you what the problem with my back is in much more detail and in much more technical terms than I already have in this and other posts. I can explain it the way it was explained to me, (I won't tho because hell I didn't understand all that technical crap, so I told them to tell it to me in terms I could understand and they did.) What I can't do is tell you why, when or how this condition developed nor can I tell you how long I've had it with any certainty, because I don't know those answers. I have ideas, but I don't know for sure. BUT, I do know what the date was when it put me on the shelf permanently. I also cannot live the rest of my life looking back and asking myself what if I had done this differently.....what if I had done that differently....because whatever happened in the past that may have contributed, can't be changed.......so the answers to what if, why or how are irrelevant, so I don't worry about them because even if I did find an answer to those questions, it may not be the one I'm hoping for, nor is it going to change my situation. I will have this for the rest of my life. It is chronic and recurring. When it comes to the pain, for the most part I have learned how to hide the pain I feel all day, every day, but as they told me, and they were right, some days will be better than others, but it will always be there and I have medications both over the counter and prescription to take as needed, when needed.

So, by using this when it comes to my approach to dealing with Covid 19, it is allowing me to remain calm, and by me remaining calm, it is helping my wife remain calm despite her being at greater risk of exposure because of her job and the fears and anxieties we both feel as a result. As I keep saying to her, if we're calm in reacting to this or any crisis, dealing with and focusing on what we know, not what we don't, then we are playing our part in helping to end that crisis because we aren't adding to it.

I agree with all that is said above from each person.... But this is a fishing fourm, such posts could be used much better on social media, facebook etc....
i think people should be sharing good fishing stories and pictures, memories, that can inspire others to follow the current guide lines and get some fresh air and dip a line, we all could use some POSITIVE fishing fourm news, and stop the he said , she said bs going on. be safe a listen to your health professionals.

This is a good thread with a lot of good info and this particular thread I think helps people.
That said it should stay but all the other crap that is in the other categories I think should be edited and not allowed!
Keep it rational and not offensive.

Trevor M you sir are a very knowledgable man and the amount of research that you do to bring the information to the front. Thank you and when this is over l hope that l can get the chance to meet and fish with you. For all information my daughter is a PSW that works in a Nursing Home here in Hamilton and when she went in to work on Tuesday she found 2 residents running a fever after she complained last week that these 2 residents where going out and being with other people that the home says they can not stop. She went to get face masks and found out that the Manager had them locked in her office and she did not come in till 8.00am. She went nuts to be mild. She got her masks and continued her shift and got home and called head office to complain and was told they should be on all floors. She was called in to the Managers office on Wednesday along with her union steward and she told them before they even asked " YES I CALLED HEAD OFFICE WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT???" The Managers response was next time you have concerns come and see me. Daughter said YES RIGHT JUST LIKE YESTERDAY. She left to continue to look after her residents. Results have not come back yet but she is taking no chances.
UP DATE FROM MY DAUGHTER .... ALL RESIDENTS CAME BACK NEGATIVE,,,, GREAT NEWS FOR ALL

I agree with all that is said above from each person.... But this is a fishing fourm, such posts could be used much better on social media, facebook etc....

I can assure you. Everything I've said here, I've said in other social media platforms ie facebook as well. Repeatedly.

I won't be going fishing anytime soon. Just read that the province has extended the state of emergency and that now also and specifically includes closing all beaches. not the prank that was being circulated, this was straight off a gov't of Ontario website https://news.ontario.ca/opo/en/2020...H_knHFqq5Qm0wyNhwATsWfug8B7fwltahx_HzDwfQBS8Q

That means even if I wanted to, I couldn't and can't go sit on the pier and wet a line. (won't be a problem for me right now. It's too early anyways.)

This is a good thread with a lot of good info and this particular thread I think helps people.
That said it should stay but all the other crap that is in the other categories I think should be edited and not allowed!
Keep it rational and not offensive.
There are terms and rules that posters should follow. I try not to get too involved in policing the content as long as it is in line with those rules. If someone's contributions bother you, I would recommend clicking on that person's avatar and then clicking the "ignore" button.

There are terms and rules that posters should follow. I try not to get too involved in policing the content as long as it is in line with those rules. If someone's contributions bother you, I would recommend clicking on that person's avatar and then clicking the "ignore" button.

Done that before. Every spring tho as I'm about to end that self imposed hibernation, I unblock anyone I ignored from the previous year (always seems to be the same people.)

And to lighten this a little bit, gotta say, this year I haven't had any reason to block/ignore anyone, (yet) but you can bet on it that I'm keeping my distance;)

Done that before. Every spring tho as I'm about to end that self imposed hibernation, I unblock anyone I ignored from the previous year (always seems to be the same people.)

And to lighten this a little bit, gotta say, this year I haven't had any reason to block/ignore anyone, (yet) but you can bet on it that I'm keeping my distance;)
I got this about 25 years ago
Now that list is actually very short but sometimes someone tries really hard to get on it lol

Attachments

• 20200331_132417.jpg
    20200331_132417.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 53
@Trevor M ,,keep up the good work,, its great to read up on all the info you have posted,, at a time like we have now any type of info is well received....We don't have too many reports of fishing but when people do its read with envy,,,@stomp said it >>>>> if you don't like the reports block the reporter,,,,this forum is a life saver for a lot of us right now and I very much enjoy reading all the posts whether or not I agree with them,,,,,I hope everyone is safe and healthy,,,,,,,, this will pass and when it does open the flood gates,,,first thing I'm gonna do is give all my grandchildren the biggest and longest Hungarian hugs they've ever had,, then my kids to follow,,,,then my good friends,,,,Can't wait,,,,,,Pocono.....everyone stay safe and healthy....

@Trevor M ,,keep up the good work,, its great to read up on all the info you have posted,, at a time like we have now any type of info is well received....We don't have too many reports of fishing but when people do its read with envy,,,@stomp said it >>>>> if you don't like the reports block the reporter,,,,this forum is a life saver for a lot of us right now and I very much enjoy reading all the posts whether or not I agree with them,,,,,I hope everyone is safe and healthy,,,,,,,, this will pass and when it does open the flood gates,,,first thing I'm gonna do is give all my grandchildren the biggest and longest Hungarian hugs they've ever had,, then my kids to follow,,,,then my good friends,,,,Can't wait,,,,,,Pocono.....everyone stay safe and healthy....

I don't envy any fishing reports, not yet at least. I still have some perch and walleye left in the freezer from last year, (not much but enough for a few more meals) and I'm not ready to get out and wet a line anyways. It's still too early. I'm usually just starting to stir from that self imposed annual hibernation I go into from October to April, (remember, in my world there are only 2 seasons, hockey and fishin) and strange how those dates kind of coincide isn't it LOL. I wasn't planning to go fishing until closer to mid or late April anyways, but I'll be honest, the thought had crossed my mind until this happened because of how not so winter, winter was......especially since the lake didn't freeze this year.

I'm calling my parents on a weekly basis to check how they're doing and to let them know how we are, especially since my wife is still working, and I'm keeping in touch with my son on social media a little more often (but that's more him contacting me because he's bored.)

Once this blows over, the first thing I'm likely to do is go park my butt on the pier unless the boss lady has other plans for me that I won't know about until I'm "corrected" and shown the error of my ways :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks