tagged walleye

herefishyfishy

while fishing out of port burwell today we were fortunate enough to get a walleye with a tag from its mouth with a serial # on it from Wheatley

does anyone have a number or website that can be used t report this fish.

never noticed the tag till we got home otherwise we would have released it

cheers

herefishyfishy

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
herefishyfishy,Congratulations on your tagged Walleye.I would call the Aylmer District(Zones 13,16,19) at 519-773-9241.Or you could also Call the Natural Resources Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940.I hope this Helps.Good Luck.

RED FISH

I heard they released a bunch of tagged walleye and that there is a 100$ reward for whoever catches them I would talk to the ministry

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
PickerelPirate,(by the way,Welcome to the Board).herefishyfishy,is talking about a tag from the Walleyes mouth that he caught.The tagged Walleye that you are mentioning are Walleyes that are Tagged with up to 2 External Tags(by the Dorsal Fin)& 1 Internal Transmitter.In the Event that you Catch & Keep one of these Tagged Walleye,there is a $100.00 Reward for reporting the Fish & Returning the Internal Transmitter.For more Information,Visit:www.glfc/telemetry/walleye Hopefully,this will Help anyone else,including myself,if there is a Walleye caught with a Tagging System Attached. Happy Angling Everyone.8D

RED FISH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks