Off Topic Survival Suit

No experience but I did see a video not long ago where the guy said he had trouble keeping his head above water in the one piece suit because his legs kept wanting to float up which pushed his head back. Said it tired him out in about ten minutes fighting that, and if he lost consciousness he isn’t his head would be completely out of the water like a chest floatation.

Just a thought, it kind of made sense but like I said, no experience, just something I saw while researching them.

I don't have a suit, but maybe they are supposed to float you on your back/stomach with personal input and not vertically in the water.

I had a nephew put inflatable water wings on his ankles because he wanted to stand up higher in the water without treading water.

I think it's pretty easy to figure out how that went.

No experience but I did see a video not long ago where the guy said he had trouble keeping his head above water in the one piece suit because his legs kept wanting to float up which pushed his head back. Said it tired him out in about ten minutes fighting that, and if he lost consciousness he isn’t his head would be completely out of the water like a chest floatation.

Just a thought, it kind of made sense but like I said, no experience, just something I saw while researching them.
Had mine on in our swimming pool, with the hood up and flap attached, had my 10yr daughter straddle me and ride me like a floaty, my head was above water. 30 yrs ago 3 of us where pushing a 16' aluminum across the ice at Pickering, during the evening a fresh light snow had covered the bay. Strong south winds made the ice weak and the 3 of us broke through up to our chins. We managed to climb back in the boat. So now we are wet, 1/4 mile from land and only the boat was in the water. Had to break ice with the anchor and paddles to reach shore(45-60 minutes) All our zippers and straps were done up, the body warms the water inside and we all reached shore safely and not frozen. This was prior to 9/11 when the world went FULL RETARD... it was a stellar place to drift for browns and bows. 10.5' noddle with a c-3, 6lb test.

Attachments

• IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 41
Forgot I smoked back then, was nothing to catch 15 trout each in a couple hours drifting the intake with minnows, now you would be arrested if you got that close to a nuclear reactor. Winds had to be right to make the mile trip across the lake but it was well worth it.

Check your local Canadian Tire either in person or on line. I picked up Salus survival suit on clearance for 99 bucks from Dundas east in London back in May.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks