stream fishing

angler

I know the bay is good but I have never really been creek fishing down that way- browns unbelievable!!
One thing I noticed at one spot. Owner is pulling/bulldozing trees within two feet of bank. I know it is private property but will affect water temp.
Does anyone know regulations for that?
Owner is good enough not to post land but I just wonder what the regs might be.

Angler,
Generally, a conservation authority (CA) would have fill regulations and alteration to waterways regulations to cover work within a floodplain. In addition, they would most likely have delegated authority from DFO for administration of the federal Fisheries Act. From your description, it sound like the work should have been reviewed/approved by a CA. In addition, the district MNR should have been informed of the work.

I would speak with the CA and district MNR about it - they may not even know about it!

PM me if you need further assistance on how to notify the above groups.

WR

Thanks Wildeye. As I mentioned land is not posted so I'm not sure raising a stink would be productive.
I noticed you use panther martins. I have used for years in streams and had success where drifting roe failed. Travel a lot to Lebarons to get selection of size and colour. Even used them successfully on landlocked salmon in Labrador.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks