Off Topic Stranded on Wellington Road.

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well it looks like my fishing for a few days? is over for now. On my way home from my Ultrasound yesterday morning my Cherokee crapped out on me at the corner of Wellington and Baseline. Cost me $108 to have it towed to dealer about 10 blocks away. They can't even look at it for a few days so I am stuck with Karen's Renagade. Boat is down at Glasgow and I have nothing to tow it with to the ramp. When life throws me a curve it is more like a slider. Oh well have to prepare for Friday's Colonoscopy in the morning any way and will most likely spend the day in the lou. I hope they can repair the jeep soon as the fishing is just getting good. I think it is the computer gone in it as it won't even turn over.

Well it looks like my fishing for a few days? is over for now. On my way home from my Ultrasound yesterday morning my Cherokee crapped out on me at the corner of Wellington and Baseline. Cost me $108 to have it towed to dealer about 10 blocks away. They can't even look at it for a few days so I am stuck with Karen's Renagade. Boat is down at Glasgow and I have nothing to tow it with to the ramp. When life throws me a curve it is more like a slider. Oh well have to prepare for Friday's Colonoscopy in the morning any way and will most likely spend the day in the lou. I hope they can repair the jeep soon as the fishing is just getting good. I think it is the computer gone in it as it won't even turn over.
feel your pain my wheels are in the shop waiting to replace the tranny----been over two weeks and its still "promised" couple more days havent even touched a rod so far and along with the price of gas dont know when its going to happen

feel your pain my wheels are in the shop waiting to replace the tranny----been over two weeks and its still "promised" couple more days havent even touched a rod so far and along with the price of gas dont know when its going to happen
I feel your “pain” @packrat 🥺 my tranny went as well back down in Port Rowan a couple of year’s ago,while planning a day of perch fishing with @Extra Virgin The Canadian Tire garage in the town of Simcoe,”bandaged” my transmission up,for a few hundred of dollars,and then afterwards,I took the backroads back to London,were my transmission was fixed,for under $5,000 later!! 😱🥺 To this day, I am just glad that I wasn’t towing my boat behind my truck as well,to also get my boat home with me. Good luck with your vehicle & hopefully, 🤞 your transmission won’t be a expensive one!! 🤞👍🙂

The woman's car(09dodge charger) had I similer issue a while back. Who ever she had look at it before i could told her the computer was done. I checked things out when I got home, Wasn't the computer at all. I believe it was either "starter relay switch" or "ignition relay switch". There both located in the fuse box under the hood. Can't remember the cost but was no more then 30$. Easy as changing a fuse. Jeep,dodge,Chrysler, same blood line. It's worth having a look at.

Sorry to hear that Wayne. That tow is the price of a CAA membership.

CAA with RV, they put pick-up on a flat bed, towed the boat. Dropped the boat off at home and then to dealer to drop off truck. Then drove us home all in a very comfortable 4 door flat bed with comfy seats and great A/C. All No Change.... I know it's expensive, but love the peace of mind. We now buy all our automotive batteries from them too, they install in drive way and is cheaper installed than to buy at some places.

How old is the Cherokee? My sons are into older Cherokees and Jeeps and have built quite a network of friends and contacts in London and surrounding area who wrench and work on them. PM me @ bkerr@briankerrscourses.ca and Ill see if they have some ideas.

Years back I was sitting in the Wonderland parking lot waiting for day end rush hour to end and noticed a vehicle across from me apparently dead.

I didn't have any serious tools with me so I told them to open their hood and one of the vultures would come by to boost it.

He showed up quoted a price, they agreed, I said no, only if it starts.

He hooked up, zilch, no lights nothing, he said your alternator is gone, I told him to leave using the equivalent of two letters.

I knew right away a fuse just after the battery had popped, I just had to find it.

On the Honda's fender was a group of 3 flat ribbon fuses and one had burnt. Found a piece of wire and made a jumper to a lower rated strip.

Lights, power, action. Told them hopefully it gets you home but you have to get it fixed properly asap.

I know this is long, but maybe you'll get lucky and have a similar quick fix. 🌻

CAA with RV, they put pick-up on a flat bed, towed the boat. Dropped the boat off at home and then to dealer to drop off truck. Then drove us home all in a very comfortable 4 door flat bed with comfy seats and great A/C. All No Change.... I know it's expensive, but love the peace of mind. We now buy all our automotive batteries from them too, they install in drive way and is cheaper installed than to buy at some places.

Our membership is $120-140/yr for two people and it’s very cheap piece of mind, especially with the wife transporting our kids everywhere.

As for adding the RV/extra mileage, it’s as simple as calling into the office and having them upgrade when you need it. So pay for regular membership and if/when you need the boat towed too they charge you $50 or something cheap. Plus the discounts you get at various stores is just icing on the cake.

IMO it’s silly to not have CAA as it makes life so much easier.

How old is the Cherokee? My sons are into older Cherokees and Jeeps and have built quite a network of friends and contacts in London and surrounding area who wrench and work on them. PM me @ bkerr@briankerrscourses.ca and Ill see if they have some ideas.
Thanks bkerr but it is already at the dealer and it is an old one 2014 with 103,000 Km's

Strangely enough, I can feel your pain too.

We used to own 2 dodge neon's. Timing belt went on my wife's, pooched to engine. Unrepairable and scrapped. She drove mine for a while, then I got the truck to replace the car. She was on her way home from work and had just got past Commissioners on Highbury (heading north) on the way home, and the timing belt went on the other neon, pooched the engine, unrepairable, scrapped. That left us with just my truck.

With a lil help from my parents, we got the car we drive now, (2019 Nissan Kicks) brand new. I had our mechanic take a good hard look at my truck. I wanted to know if it was a timing belt that we'd need to change, or a timing chain. It was a chain :) but when my wife transferred from St T to London for work earlier this year, we got rid of my truck. Her job is literally 5 minutes drive away, so we decided we didn't need 2 vehicles anymore. Bit of a pain when I wanna go fishing and she needs the car for something else (that hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will eventually and we all know who will win that discussion right ;))

With the price of gas, especially when the truck was a pig on gas being a 19 yr old vehicle with a V6 and despite no claims of any kind, the insurance went up this year, which isn't really a surprise since they had to recoup some of the losses they took over the pandemic somehow, it was a good call to get rid of the truck. It almost certainly wouldn't have passed a safety if required/requested, and after putting into it more than I paid for it in the first year and a bit that I owned it, I wasn't about to pour more $$ that I didn't and don't have into it to keep it on the road.

When I took all my stuff out of it, my mechanic had been right. He told me it would last me 5 yrs but not much longer, (I had it for almost 8) and where the spare tire sits in the back, when I lifted the cover, the only thing I could see was the spike that held that tire, the axle and the pavement below. The bottom of that wheel well had completely rusted out and no longer existed. I can only imagine how the rest of the undercarriage may have looked. (and yes I had it undercoated several times while I owned it as well as replacing, ALL within the first year after I bought it; tye rods on both sides, multiple times, ignition coils x3 of 6, complete exhaust pipe including the 3 catalytic converters the damn thing had, that was a lil pricey, and the alternator. So much for it being in "great shape" as my mechanic had told me which convinced me to buy it. It had also developed an oil leak he couldn't find the source of, and a power steering fluid leak, but only in the warm months, in winter it didn't leak at all. Funny enough, the brakes he told me would need replacing within a year, never got replaced, because it wasn't necessary. I hardly drove it other than during fishing season.)

Well I got the call from Forest City Chrysler Jeep today. They had a list a mile long including a new battery ( not it is only 6 months old) They want to do brakes rotors and tires all around and I said no I will look after that myself. Needs right tie rod I said OK. Just had oil changed 5 days ago and they now say the oil cooler reservoir needs replacing and it needs a new ground system kit and that is why it would not start. These 3 things are going to cost me over $2000 and it won't be done until next week sometime, so no fishing until some time next week.

Thanks bkerr but it is already at the dealer and it is an old one 2014 with 103,000 Km's
2014? That's not old. My boys are into 1996 to 2001 Cherokees and Commanches (200-450K), and computers, sensors, grounds and wiring etc are always an issue when excessive exposure to water, mud, inversion or hard objects are encountered. :)

All vehicles have their problems some much more than others I always use car complaints.com some years are best to stay away from check it out it may save you some headaches in the future

Well Forest city called me yesterday to say my Jeep was ready. $2395.00 later I got her home. Ripped off again as they did work that was not agreed to by me. Never again will I bring a vehicle to this dealer. The work I agreed to was just to replace the grounding cable system and right tie rod replacement.

Call the owner directly. It is illegal to charge for work not ok'd by the customer ahead of it being performed.
Thanks stick but I do know this as they did the same thing to my wife and I complained to the consumer protection board and as a result the dealership gave me a $600 credit for a bill of over $2000. They dealership has just changed ownership again and it is a corporation that bought it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks