Off Topic Stokes bay help

fishing or farming

Hey guys,

Does anyone here also fish Stokes Bay, Lake Huron up on the Bruce? We are looking for either some help for Salmon or whitefish. Does anyone know of a forum like this for up there.

thanks

My brother in law has a cottage on stokes bay. Have caught a few salmon and trout earlier in the summer, but not this time of year. Its a long run to get past the shoals around the big island to get to salmon and trout water (8-10 mile run from launch). This time of year there are typically some big pike that are back in the bay and hungry. Have had luck with pike and bass trolling deeper water (~20') weeds. Try some orange J13's if you got em. Best of luck. Beautiful area.

Lions head has some great fishing been there a few times. I believe the locals call it 'the wall' on the provincial park side of bay but careful heard horror stories of guys hooking up on the shelf with downriggers. There's a stream/creek on the bruce peninsula side that produced the most fish for us. Could not believe the depths out there being an erie fisherman, thought the depth finder was broken at one point but was too deep (old school hummingbird)

Thanks for the help!!! We have fished for pike and bass.... usually do this time of year up there in the bay. Great fishing! I think you are all right about going across to lions head.

The fishing isnt nowhere near what it was 20yrs ago on the east side. Expect to put in alot of hours or even days for each bite.....on the plus side the scenery on the east side, Hope Bay, Dyers, Lion's head makes for possibly the nicest downrigging scenery in all of Canada.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks