still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

at the lakequote:
Originally posted by kicks

Iam not sure what you guys keep talking about , we have had another fantastic year !!!

" Thats 12 already ? count them again Larry "

Hunter yes LOL it did take longer than 2 hours a few hunts this year there was not as many birds in the west end as most years but there was still more than enough and i would say there were more birds on the east end than last year i walked out to blind 2 saturday afternoon around 2pm and it did not take long and there were hundreds of mallards working there . Ship wrecked i dont shoot the bay not a diver shooter although duckman did drag me out there one day last year . It is amazing that the diver guys did not have better shooting the redheads and bills that flew over my trailer in the lineup everyday was unbelievable countless thousands of them back and forth somtimes the flocks would go by for an hour it was amsome to watch and listen to sounded like jets flying over !

Hey Kicks we don't shoot a lot of divers mostly puddle ducks but the last two seasons been slow no birds everywhere we try everywhere we can down at the point.Just gotta be in the righ place at the right time.Maybe some bird will come our way.

Hello OCLP,

A few points:

1) The world does not end. Although we may be living in the "End Times" from a Biblical perspective this will be the end of the "Age of Grace" as we transition into the "New World Order" under a one world government.

2) I have seen more Tundra Swans every day since the middle of November than all other waterfowl species combined.

3) I agree with "Kicks" in that the number of ducks using the west end is way down from the last few years and his observations appear to confirm what you have been seeing as well.

4) On Tuesday afternoon (December 11) two Trumpeter Swans flew low over my backyard as I was working ... the first Trumpeter Swans that I have ever seen (recognized as such) and heard. Their call is really distinctive and that is why I stopped what I was doing to see what was flying overheard ... really impressive!

5) I have not read the "Self Serve" thread yet but I am pleased that the LPWMU finally considered my suggestion to implement a "Self Serve" option (at least towards the end of the season) as it has worked at the Presqu'ile Waterfowl Management Unit for a few decades now.

Give me call (586-9825) any evening.

Jerome

PS My double decker deck is nearly completed and I have built a small dock to be installed next spring.

I was at the Unit yesterday, December 12th., didn't hunt but was there when Allan Smith came in with 6 greenheads. He didn't want me to take his picture because he said it was too easy. Personally, I struggled through this season like most members but it's amazing how different people evaluate the hunting this year. Allan's evaluation of 2012 was "awesome". Allan said he would have agreed to the photo if he had Canvasback, Glenn.

Come on Arnold anybody can shoot divers . I have even read on here about guys shooting buffleheads ! my gun would not even fire if i swung on one of those chickadees . you could shoot a bushel basket of them in B3 . I Know that the smith boys are really good diver hunters but stepping up and shooting Mallards is like going from a Honda to a Harley . But i will admitt i would not pass up on a Bull can over the decoys

So going from divers to mallards is like going from a well built reliable machine to an over priced hunk of junk? I don't see the connection? :p

Ya Jello
you might be right but dont forget usually the guys riding the Harleys can beat up the guys on the Honda's

Hey Mike
maybe a better comparison would have been from an HVAC guy to a Steamfitter .

And another thing Duck man drinks Light beer !!!!

After the year I have had might have to change over to mallards anyone can shoot them but would not want to est them we eat canvasbacks lol

Was out saturday at pottahawk little rough getting out of turkey point managed 1 duck and 5 wannabe ducks.Seen lots of diver mostly blue bills.Heres to next week.

Hello Guys,

Well that east wind yesterday has moved some water into the western portion of the Inner Bay along with some ducks.

I can now say for the first time since the Tundra Swans arrived in November that I have seen more ducks in the morning than Tundra Swans but still much fewer than last year at this time.

By the way ... I saw that pair of Tundra Swans with five (5) cygnets again last week as well as that pair of Trumpeter Swans that I had previously mentioned.

I will try the LPWMU tomorrow.

Jerome

PS I have seen very few coots this year.

Sure there are lots of birds to be had !! Shot 6 mallards and 3 geese in B1 on Monday !! to Bad the creek is closed . But there are birds everywhere!! This is the best part of the season .

Hello Kicks,

My hat off to you as BC 1 is a mud hole from what I have heard.

There was not much hsppening in the east side of the LPWMU on Monday ... Blind 2 got 1 Mallard between the two of them, the new guy from Kitchener that I brought out to Blind 5 had no shots as of 1330 hours and I had nothing happening at Blind 6 ... saw a few high flying divers heading out to the lake over Blind 4 at about 0900 hours and then over 2,000 high flying divers from the north shore heading out to the lake over the central portion of the LPWMU at about 1100 hours.

When I got back home (mid afternoon) I could see that the guys in Blind 40 were still hunting.

I agree with you that this may be the best part of the season as I saw more birds towards the end of the week.

Jerome

PS Guys ... no ice out there yet so get out if you have the opportunity to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by kicks

Sure there are lots of birds to be had !! Shot 6 mallards and 3 geese in B1 on Monday !! to Bad the creek is closed . But there are birds everywhere!! This is the best part of the season .

them honkers must of been thick heard ya call geese before.
lol
merry christmas to u my girlfriend chance and jess bud

Had good shoot but it wasn't at the lake.
It was near Townsend. 21 mallards short and sweet best hunt this year except for the Cornwall shoot in Oct 2 day limte on geese 7 guys and 7 woodies

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks