Still Limitations on Boating

Leamington boat ramp opens​

The Lakeside Marina will open to the public on Saturday, May 22.​

go for it..save me some..
nice SW breeze should be lots of fish caught tomorrow am

trying to talk buddy on goin west tomorrow..

My six week wait for parts is over, they go on the main this weekend. Finish up the other details on the boat and fishing gear, open the pool etc etc etc.

I'll be ready to roll next weekend.

I put up with stupid people behind the wheel every day, but I get paid to put up with those people.

I have no interest in doing it on my time and my dime.

If you're out today, good luck and be safe, I'll see you on the water in the near future.

My six week wait for parts is over, they go on the main this weekend. Finish up the other details on the boat and fishing gear, open the pool etc etc etc.

I'll be ready to roll next weekend.

I put up with stupid people behind the wheel every day, but I get paid to put up with those people.

I have no interest in doing it on my time and my dime.

If you're out today, good luck and be safe, I'll see you on the water in the near future.
I agree hvy haul dealing with them people all week is enough

I was just going through all the details of the latest amendment to the stay at home order. Thankfully, the marinas can now open with some restrictions and we can now gather outside with 5 people but what I didn't realize and was saddened to see that we still cannot legally share a boat with those outside our households (with a couple of exceptions). This has not been well publicized and I'm not sure if or how it will be enforced but I thought it may be worth sharing just for people's information. I guess my wife will have to stay at her sister's house for a few more weeks so I can maintain my 'living alone' status until this crap is finally over ;).

I have attached the link to the full amendment below but here are snippets of the two items of most concern to us:

Marinas Permitted to Re-open:

View attachment 41973

Boating with Others:

View attachment 41974

The Full Amendment:

https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg344-21_amend82-20_2021-05-20.pdf?utm_campaign=/en/release/1000161/ontario-releases-three-step-roadmap-to-safely-reopen-the-province&utm_source=newsroom&utm_term=media&utm_medium=email
Thanks for posting

I'm 5mins from Port Stanley and got my dock posts all setup last weekend in anticipation of things opening up soon but you couldn't pay me to try and launch my boat at any local ramps this long weekend even if they did have them open in time given Douggies last minute announcement.

Has anyone even checked to see if it’s an actual zoo? Or we all just acting like it is...
Im working or I’d be there line up or not

Haven't checked the ramps personally but I can see about 15-20 cars per minute streaming down Sunset so its probably insanity level busy anywhere near the water.

Has anyone even checked to see if it’s an actual zoo? Or we all just acting like it is...
Im working or I’d be there line up or not
@Derkd9 it was quiet 🤫 in Port Stanley yesterday in the morning,(9 a.m.),at the beach and at the boat ramp.But as I was leaving Port Stanley around 10 a.m. yesterday,there was a steady stream of traffic heading into Port Stanley on Sunset Drive. Lots of boat’s,sea doos,etc.,were heading to the lake!! Even though I just picked up my boat for repairs near Port Stanley,I had no intention of paying a ramp fee & waiting in a very long lineup to launch my boat yesterday,or anytime on a long weekend!! Thank goodness for Retirement!! 😍 I will wait till through this coming week,(weather permitting),& launch my boat somewhere along Lake Erie other boat ramp’s,wherever the fish may be biting. 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• 188976BA-8161-4461-8E7C-26CECC01E8E0.jpeg
    188976BA-8161-4461-8E7C-26CECC01E8E0.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 64A01935-FC8C-4384-9D6C-9AEA153C83E8.jpeg
    64A01935-FC8C-4384-9D6C-9AEA153C83E8.jpeg
    266.3 KB · Views: 7
4;30 am , Leamington ramp still closed
i just had to call the marina and hear it again
the boat ramp is open & lots of boats fishing..
by the sounds of it too many fish being caught today..
i would expect it to be to busy for just me tomorrow..
if it was for 2 man limit..i would go..

that sucks...Leamington should of been open for sat. am

ya its to bad about the happy snapper closed for the entire season..
what a disappointment..
hope to get down there and fish pt peele on a good marine weather day

That was just a dumb statement its there choice may be they dont feel safe opening and dont want the shit show thats going to happen
I would have hit the like button a couple weeks back with ch12 out of frustration but now realize the reasons may be very valid unknown to us that may not want to be shared

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks