Stanley this morning

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late report. I wasn't planning on fishing this morning but woke up at 4am and was gonna head out for bike ride when I noticed zero wind. Checked the forecast and it looked better than expected so I had a big breakfast and hitched up the boat. Headed to the nearest port today which is Stanley. Put in the tinner at 5:45 and poked my way through the remnant chop from the south until I hit 50'. Dropped a 5 and 6 colour same as yesterday at Glasgow and was immediately rewarded with a bow/eye double. 5 colour went cold after that and fish seemed a little deeper than yesterday. Swapped the 5 for a 7 colour and had a limit at 60'. Turned around and dropped a rigger and dipsey for bows but only ended up with a handful of Eyes that went back. Home and cleaning fish by 10am 😊 IMG_20220731_165344.jpgIMG_20220731_065900.jpgIMG_20220731_081658.jpgIMG_20220731_081757.jpg

Blew a bearing on the boat trailer on the way home. It was expected tho, I knew the axle was damaged when I did the bearings last year but couldn't source an axle due to Covid. So....the jet boat is getting a quick modifications including extra rod holders and transducer mount for a hopeful trip Tuesday 🤞

Josh

Last edited:
Nice looking fish Josh!
I've replaced a couple trailer axles now and found the guys at standard axle in London to be great. Custom made to the size you need and great prices.
Best of luck with it
Lizzy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks