Stanley or Burwell buoy?

Irish eyes

When choosing to go out of Burwell fishing for a day and planning on going to at least 60 feet of water, what Buoy is most accurate? Port Stanley or Burwell?

I'd look at as many sources as you can. The questionable days with winds over 10 knots are the tough calls. Depends whether picking up or dropping and how long they've been blowing from the same direction re wave heights.
I'd always rather be out there with waves but wind speeds dropping than the other way around.
Sunday wind was NE close to shore and SE out 10 miles. Was a weird cross chop for a couple hours until it settled to mostly South

You have to double the measurement from the Bouy because it’s calibration is a “flat calm” so it’s only measuring the part of the wave above that but half the wave is below that and half is above that’s why you double it here’s a diagram explaining it

Attachments

• 9A474A5C-B033-4B08-B9B3-E88FC1F8DA07.jpeg
    9A474A5C-B033-4B08-B9B3-E88FC1F8DA07.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 16
Look at the buoy if your fishing beyond a few miles offshore. 20 miles east or west won't make much of a difference in the waves offshore. And an onshore forecast won't do much good unless your fishing shallow with an offshore wind and trying to avoid larger swells

Josh

Agreed with everyone above. Also I have found the sites while useful, have been way off even even in real time. The bouy at least is real time recordings not an educated estimate so its accuracy isn't in question

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks