St Willys ice

Bobo

Is the ice still fishable? Would like to go tomorrow but am scared the ice isn't worthy. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

65 views and nobody knows? Come now, one of the operators must know! Is it a case of liability or no more posts cause no more money to be made. Any info helps. I know im at my own risk.

The operators haven't been running rentals for a couple weeks now, so I doubt you will get a ice report from them. After all the rain and wet snow, my guess is that if any ice remains, its covered by a couple inches of slush and water....

Oh by the amount of views there looks to be a few people wondering. I'm leaving now to try this afternoon, wont bother posting. PM me if your interested in the conditions.

I would like to take my younger brother out Saturday and was wonder how the ice was myself. Would you mind PM'ing some info. Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Oh by the amount of views there looks to be a few people wondering. I'm leaving now to try this afternoon, wont bother posting. PM me if your interested in the conditions.

Could someone be so kind to inform us on the ice conditions. Thinking about going out tomorrow for a kick at the cat. Thanks for any information.

Or, how about a picture of the lake from St. Williams. Especially since the booths harbour web cam is down again. Please and thankyou. Huron.

Didn't make it out today sorry no ice report. Did email Bayside and was told they are closed for the season. I would think it might be alright to walk but as for ATV or sleds ?????. Going to simcoe in the morning and try for some lakers.

wabler

Ice Conditions as of Feb 28 2013. Observed from Old Cut, Open water 150 ft from shore. Observed from Pt Rowan, Open water from Mouth of Big Creek to Middle of Bay and Beyond. Unable to comment on St.Williams, but generally Ice would be considered UNSAFE.

Old Cut Marina Ltd.
www.facebook.com/oldcutmarina

Probably a wise choice about not going out today Wabler according to oldcutmarinas report Today,even walking out on the Ice sounds Risky.Good Luck to you on Lake Simcoe for Lakers tomorrow.Thank-You oldcutmarina for posting as myself and other`s were wondering about the Ice Condition,Much appreciated.I and others can`t wait till the Web-Cam at Old Cut is operating.I did managed to look over at my Ice Fishing Tackle this afternoon again, in hopes of maybe getting out one more time,the previous 4 trips I made out to Long Point Bay angling for Perch this year were fun.But Safety First.8DMaybe a trip East(Lake Simcoe)could still be a possibility.8D

RED FISH

Midnight Cowboy... Thanks for taking just a few minutes of your time to reply about the ice conditions etc at St Williams. It's really appreciated at lot by some of us who live much further away (Stratford)... Huron.

Yo Bobo;Re:"Any info helps. I know im at my own risk."
Yesterday there was a couple of guys out 1/2 mile or so . This AM at posting there are a couple guys out about a mile or so and three or four others scattered about. One quad with tracks out there. There is a crack but these guys got across and are staying on the older ice. It's real slick the way guys are walking.Ice Dog showed me the trick of screwing 5/8inch or so hex screws in the soles of your boots. Works perfect. Lake Erie Bait on Front will have minnows.

sawdust

Thanks srubber(15 groups out from St. Willys this noon hour from today)sounds good & everyone else for the update.Now to find out on how the Bite has been from someone that was out over this past weekend,before I make my 3 hour roundtrip drive to St.Willys.Looking forward of getting out this week,the cold weather has been hanging around for now.Any information would be much appreciated.Thank-You In Advance.8D

RED FISH

Hope to have some fish pictures tomorrow. With these cold temps, were going to take a chance at kicking the cat. Good luck who ever gets out tomorrow.

Fish Farmer,Good Luck and maybe we will meet out on the Ice.Don`t forget the Fish Gaff,for those toothy unpredictable Pike.Happy Perching.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks