st williams walking out

johnny eh

hey everyone i am looking at walking out on monday just wondering how far i gotta walk to get into some gators or perch also does anyone know what the wind and weather is supposed to be on the lake tomorrow

I may be going out there tomorrow Johnny. Wind West 30 KM so they say on a weather site. You never know, it could change. Just watch where you're walkin, theres soft spots and could be open holes. As for where to fish, just look for guys fishin Perch #'s haven't been good for us and Pike, they can appear at any time.
Good Luck
After thought, I don't think I'll be going, that wind gust to 50 KM, temp and snow for tomorrow doesn't look good for travel from Hamilton.
Wife's calling me a wimp now. Women just don't understand:LOL:

Last edited:
Welcome to the Board, johnny eh. I was also hoping on finally heading out on Monday, but Declined due to the Strong Wind`s & Frigid Temperature`s Forecast for the Long Point Bay area, perhaps I will go later in the Week, it looks a little more fishable then. But if you go tomorrow or ever get down there at a later Date, go to St.Williams or the Old Cut & head towards the Ice Hut`s, or if you are purchasing Minnow`s first either @ Bayside or Grangers both @ St.Williams or even @ R & R Outdoors(near the Old Cut) ask them were to start Fishing, they are all there to Help put you & other`s onto Fish. Good Luck & dress Warm if you decide to go. :cool:

Hope everyone has better luck than I had today! 3 of us got 3 keepers and 5 throwbacks between us, went out around 9am till 4:30 with Grangers....great people by they way and the sled driver did his best to put us on the fish moving us to a second hut. Great day out of the house though:) going back again next wkend and looking forward to it!!

Thanks for the update, bassaholic. WOW, now that is SLOW Fishing!! But your attitude is amazing!! 7.5 hour`s & only 3 keepers between 3 Angler`s is more then TOUGH FISHING!! Even though at times the Fishing is a Hit & Miss down there for what I have been reading lately,I am also looking forward to getting down there, once this weather becomes a little more Fishable. Good Luck to you and your partner`s on your next trip out next weekend.Thanks for Posting even on a Slow Day out, much appreciated!!:)

I walked it last week, from old cut. I'm told it is a shorter walk. was an easy walk as the ice made it easy to pull my sled. studs were needed. I brought the gps because I was curious about distance. it was just under 3 km to the first huts.
So not too far a walk on a good day, a lot of snow would make it more of a challenge. good luck

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks