St. Williams Tuesday Feb. 25.

Huron

Well, my patient good wife agreed to come to St. Williams today with me. The bite was not there for any perch but I got a lot of neat pictures of the ice huts out there. and we went for a nice relaxing drive from Stratford through Woodstock and onto St. Wiliams saw different country side from our home area which is intense hog and poultty farming buildings everywhere.
It was like a ghost town at St. Williams. Huron.

Huron, Thanks for the Update.;) For once we have a lot of Ice compared to the last 20 year`s, BUT, where are the Perch?? Sure they are being caught by some Lucky Angler`s, but it seems to be a Hit & Miss!! A Buddy of mine wants to go in early March, but I don`t know if I can wait that long!! I haven`t been down that way since Feb.11/14,and I am Itching to give it another Day on the Ice!! I know that the Perch are out there somewhere!! :cool: Good Luck To All!!:)

I was out Yest off Old Cut side,, fished 5 or so hrs, & got 2 keepers,,1 pike showed up but didn't want to go home with me,,,, this yr has been a write off for me so far,,I agree Red Hering,,best yr in a long time for ice & no fish,,, I don't get it,,, I'm still going, but with very low expectations...Still beats honey do list 4 me....& its still the best place 2 b when I can be there...

I was out Yest off Old Cut side,, fished 5 or so hrs, & got 2 keepers,,1 pike showed up but didn't want to go home with me,,,, this yr has been a write off for me so far,,I agree Red Hering,,best yr in a long time for ice & no fish,,, I don't get it,,, I'm still going, but with very low expectations...Still beats honey do list 4 me....& its still the best place 2 b when I can be there...
How deep was the water where you fished?

This sure isn't the banner year everyone thought it would be when we saw the ice in December. Now I don't feel so bad I can't nor do I want to get out there now.

Huron, need to see some of those unique hut pics, or are you publishing a coffee table book and want us to buy one?

A few vehicle`s in the Old Cut Marina Ltd. parking lot this morning according to the Web Cam. There were no Vehicle`s in the lot yesterday Morning. Something is Up!! :rolleyes: LOL Do these Angler`s know something to where there is a HOT PERCH BITE going on?? :whistle: :) I must get down there again soon to Check it out!!:cool: GOOD Luck to All! :)

The only satisfiying "hot perch bite" that I know of these days is at the old Port Dover Hotel restaurant. No hooks needed just sit down with a fork!
P.S. do they still serve the perch plate with the celery bread? Huron.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks