St.Williams Report for Feb 24

Fish Farmer

Huts were off but lots of people were out. We stayed in close and caught some nice Perch, not lots but a good feed and a few bonus Pike. Other buds that were with me caught 1 and I came up with this nice one. I caught it on 2 LB test and a Micro jig with a Gulp Maggot. Good job I had my gaff to get it up the hole. The ice was do-able, but I don't think it's going to last. Crack at shore we crossed no problem, just had to watch where you crossed. I took a plank down there but we didn't need it. But if anyone is going in the next few days be careful.
pike1_zps1b91be2f.jpg

pike2_zps8d3b024d.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Farmer

Huts were off but lots of people were out. We stayed in close and caught some nice Perch, not lots but a good feed and a few bonus Pike. Other buds that were with me caught 1 and I came up with this nice one. I caught it on 2 LB test and a Micro jig with a Gulp Maggot. Good job I had my gaff to get it up the hole. The ice was do-able, but I don't think it's going to last. Crack at shore we crossed no problem, just had to watch where you crossed. I took a plank down there but we didn't need it. But if anyone is going in the next few days be careful.
pike1_zps1b91be2f.jpg

pike2_zps8d3b024d.jpg

Nice pike Farmer. Bet you played that on 2lb test. Hope you enjoy eating it. It sure will be good from that cold water

caution_zps2133a180.jpg

Congrats Fish Farmer.Nice Pike,;) on a micro jig with a Gulp Maggot?? :0Now that is not just another Fish Story is it?? LOL A Big Brute like that eating a maggot,I might just have to try that.Goes to show you that anything is possible.8DI was also out of St. Williams today.I fished from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.,a Beauty of a day for sure.It was hard to leave,but the long 1 1/2 hour drive home was calling me.[:(!][V]8D

RED FISH

That fish was a surprise to me Red Hering, it just came in like a bullet and grabbed my jig. Looking down the hole, that fish looked like it was 50 Lbs. but it hardly fought, made 1 small run and came floating up to the hole. Could be because of the cold water or what, I don't know. I'm glad I had left my gaff in my clam from being on Simcoe a few days earlier. I would have never been able to get it up a 6" hole with that light line. I was just lucky. Got home and measured it, it was 34"

Congratulations again,Fish Farmer,Nice " 34" Pike.;)I talked to a couple of other Angler`s on my way back in yesterday from Ice Fishing,and saw also some Big Pike caught,and yes one Angler also caught his on a Maggot.I thought the guy was on Drugs or something,I have been Fishing for over 45 year`s,and I still did not believe him.Believe I do now,anything is possible.LOL Fish Farmer,are these live Maggots(Pet Store),or packaged? It would be a good Bait to have,if there are no minnows For Sale.I am looking forward later after Ice-Out,to Fish for the Pike in the Bay out of my Boat,there seems to be a few around.Lets hope that the Ice will stay a little longer though for now,and I will make sure that I will bring a gaff.Good Luck out,if the Ice Stays Safe. Life`s Short! Fish Hard.;)8D

RED FISH

I didn't have any intension fishing for Pike, I was Perch fishing, thats why the light line and micro jig. The Maggot I had on was a Gulp Maggot, they come in a little bottle. color is off white. I can't figure them going after such a small thing when there is some nice small Perch swimming around.

Thanks Fish Farmer,after reading your post again,I noticed that you did mention Gulp Maggot.Good to know though on the colour that produced for you yesterday.It is amazing,like you said,that a Pike that size would bite on a Micro jig with a Gulp Maggot with all those Perch swimming around.Maybe the Pike needed that little candy after a big meal,as most of us do,leaving a restaurant after a big meal.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks