St. Williams March 4 Report

Fish Farmer

Weather stayed cold all week so it's giving us bonus extra days to get out there. We lucked out as soon as we set up. 2 Pike in about 5 Min. then just a few perch the rest of the day. Did allot of walking around drilling and meet a few board members Red Fish and FishHawk something, Sorry bud forgot your whole name, was nice talking to you guys. Had a great chat with Red Fish I hope we meet up again and you made it home safe. I heading back out there tomorrow before the warm weather moves in. Was quite a-few guys out today and the walking was fantastic. We caught these Pike on the same thing and place as last Sunday.
100_3180_zps71060db1.jpg

I was out as well today (blue clam hut) didn't see any pike but had the best day ice fishing in years. Fished for about 4 hours ended up with 40 keepers.Alot of jumbos 4 over 13".

Way to go G-man, we just couldn't find them today. We were in a Blue Clam Guide also. I saw a Black Cube hut and they had quite a-few nice Perch laying on the ice. Maybe the Perch saw me coming and took off:D thats my excuse:D

Great to have met you in person Fish Farmer,I felt like I have known you for year`s,and I would of talked to you about Fishing forever,but the dinner bell was ringing for the Perch & Pike to come.Nice looking Pike for sure that you both caught today,I also had a few Pike show up beneath my Ice Hut,and they sure can surprise a person when least expected.:0:pThe Wind was definetly nasty today,and if I had some Hut Anchors,it would of Helped me from being blown off the Fishing Hole`s,[:(!]LOL.I eventually had to take down the Ice Hut,due to those Winds,and ended up fishing out in the open,that was COLD!!! Nice to have met your partner also,and good luck tomorrow.Please post if you due get out,and I am curious mostly on how you will make out on that Honey Hole that we all stumbled upon today.8DThe couple that fished that spot today sure cleaned House.Lots of filleting once they get Home.I told my wife once I got Home that this was it for the Ice Fishing Season on the Bay,but I have been known to lie.:pHoping to get back out,later this week,weather permitting.Enjoy your Fish Fry.Take Care & e-mail me anytime you like. LIFE`S SHORT! FISH HARD8D

RED FISH

Some nice reports. So whats the ice like, Thickness, pressure cracks, shoreline conditions (ATV, Sled).

Thanks

Wabler,when I was out off of St.Williams yesterday,the pressure crack`s(2 of them)another pressure crack developing further out from the first one from shore were no problem.Quite a few angler`s out,mostly straight out from St.Williams and Fishing towards the East.there is a lot of open water off Port Rowan,and the Tundra Swans are having a Blast.The Ice measured anywhere from 5 to 8 inches thick,were I fished and drilled Hole`s here & there.I only saw 1 ATV and a person on a Sailing device with skis,enjoying the Slick Ice for pleasure.Board member Fish Farmer who I met yesterday said he was going out today.He will likely post later on his day out on the Ice.Play Safe.

RED FISH

I was in the black pop up hut,,,we had a great day taking home 75...perching was great till 2 pike showed up & that was the beginning of the end...as we couldn't catch them....

If Cans r flyin,they will b dyin...

Hey Fish farmer great talking with you on the ice on Monday Cold wind finally chased us off. It's great to read your posts about ice conditions, your catch & see your pics etc..... Awesome!!, We have 1hr 45 min drive from Northwest of London. Your info could save us a drive for nothing. Hope upon hope we keep the ice! Good Fishing!!! ........ Hawkeye55

quote:
Originally posted by Fish Farmer

Weather stayed cold all week so it's giving us bonus extra days to get out there. We lucked out as soon as we set up. 2 Pike in about 5 Min. then just a few perch the rest of the day. Did allot of walking around drilling and meet a few board members Red Fish and FishHawk something, Sorry bud forgot your whole name, was nice talking to you guys. Had a great chat with Red Fish I hope we meet up again and you made it home safe. I heading back out there tomorrow before the warm weather moves in. Was quite a-few guys out today and the walking was fantastic. We caught these Pike on the same thing and place as last Sunday.
100_3180_zps71060db1.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks