St. Williams - Jan. 23 & 24th

Jwalsh

I haven’t read to many reports from the weekend in St. Williams so here is how I made out.

Saturday – Out to the hut by 7:45am and we decided to move it out over the pressure crack…with a good burst of speed we made it over! Set up 1.45miles from shore, directly in front of booths in 5.5 fow. Bite was slow at first, but then picked up between 11am – 1pm. Ended up with 8 keepers and probably 30 throwbacks. Weedy bottom, we drilled one hole and the weeds were almost at the ice! No pike were caught or seen. We were using small spoons and small jigs tipped with minnows.

Sunday – Fished in the same spot Sunday morning between 830-10am…only small fish…and after a helpful hint from a OPP officer, we moved out farther to around 1.8miles from shore (one of the farthest huts out) and 5mins after drilling the holes the school came in…jumbos in this school, it was very nice to see…but it was only hot for about a hour…ended up with 6 jumbos and 35 throw backs…sandy bottom...no weeds could be seen. No pike again.

Overall, it was kinda slow...but it was my best weekend so far this season.

FYI – Be careful crossing that pressure crack. Two people tried to walk over it where all the quads and sleds were crossing and went right into the water…there was a good gap between the ice…maybe 18-24”. If it looks slushy…cross somewhere else!

saturday afternoon, bout mile straight off Booths 31.5 pike...:)...won't let me load a pic from cell sorry...

Easton

Thanks also Jwalsh,it is always good to have some kind of a starting point to set up,(anywhere from 1.45 miles in 5.5 fow in front of Booths,to 1.8 miles from shore),much appreciated.;)Tight Lines & Sharp Hooks!8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks