ST. WILLIAMS ICE

@dave w a good point on the clarity of the water being very dirty from the run off. I usually walk up to 2 kilometres & sometimes more,(safe ice permitting), and would you or anyone know on how far a angler would have to travel,before the water clarity is clear enough to fish in off St.Williams,etc.? Bright colour lure’s with built in rattle’s,and flashy Williams Wobbler spoons,etc., is what I would use if I had to fish under these dirty water conditions. It’s a tough question because of currents,and the amount of runoff,but personally I have never had much luck fishing in dirty water before,wether it’s during the ice fishing season,or out on my boat 🚤 on Lake Erie,etc.,unless I am fishing the “mud line” on our Great Lakes,etc. thanks in advance & Be Safe to All!! & tight lines!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂
Red Hering not sure about long point but when im fishing Roundeau and its dirty i have had good luck with the brass colour slab grabber with red or chartreuse bead. Last year a few times could only see lure 16 inches down but still caught fish .

Red Hering not sure about long point but when im fishing Roundeau and its dirty i have had good luck with the brass colour slab grabber with red or chartreuse bead. Last year a few times could only see lure 16 inches down but still caught fish .
Good to know @DanB 👍👍 and thanks for your great tip my friend!! 👊👊🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Just wondering how does the dirt go through the ice to make the water murky and really not that much current. Just wondering
There is a creek/drain at the bottom of the hill in St Williams that would pour sediment underneath. Big Creek on the other side would do the same.

I would assume given the weather (if it's like anything were getter in Stratford) over the last 24 hours there would not be anyone even near the lake this weekend . Anyone in the area of St Williams venture any further than their doorways.? Stay safe @Huron.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks