ST. WILLIAMS ICE

I went down and took a look after work , and I’m undecided, the temp is starting to drop so the damage is done , as it stands right now , I’d head out fishing tomorrow if I didn’t have to work , I’m in no way saying it’s safe go for it , but me personally I’d fish tomorrow if I could , plenty of standing water on the ice , have to wait and see how much it tightens up by Saturday ,Sunday Monday and Tuesday are all plus temperatures 809E45CC-C960-47C7-9A00-96DA9EEC2364.jpeg6E72D371-34AE-47F3-8245-2E8C53368B68.jpeg00C4682F-3C8C-4B40-852C-DEEBC180A3C7.jpegC3695DCE-FC7E-42C0-A7C4-0AEE51044BCA.jpegEB662E42-ED16-42D7-A86A-1A6DAACDB889.jpeg

If the winds stay down before the old snap comes back it might be back on for a week or 2. Lets see it the Sphincter stays clamped shut or relaxes

The ice won't be the problem. It's the clarity of water.most likely be very dirty from run off.
@dave w a good point on the clarity of the water being very dirty from the run off. I usually walk up to 2 kilometres & sometimes more,(safe ice permitting), and would you or anyone know on how far a angler would have to travel,before the water clarity is clear enough to fish in off St.Williams,etc.? Bright colour lure’s with built in rattle’s,and flashy Williams Wobbler spoons,etc., is what I would use if I had to fish under these dirty water conditions. It’s a tough question because of currents,and the amount of runoff,but personally I have never had much luck fishing in dirty water before,wether it’s during the ice fishing season,or out on my boat 🚤 on Lake Erie,etc.,unless I am fishing the “mud line” on our Great Lakes,etc. thanks in advance & Be Safe to All!! & tight lines!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks