St Clair musky guide

SpennyFish

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a musky guide out of LSC, thinking of going within the next couple of weeks. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Jim Fleming (Drifter 2 Charters) if still operating is one of the most experienced and best I know of.

I have attended Jim flemming's seminars at the London boat show for years & he has a lifetime of knowledge/experience to offer.

I talked with him in Leamington during the July long weekend. My boat was right across the dock from his for three days. I think he said that he moves his boat to Light House Cove at the end of July to start fishing for musky.

I second Ian with Fish LSC. I haven't gone for muskie with him yet, but I have done a walleye charter and it was great. I have a muskie trip booked for mid-August though.

You need to consider what type of fishing you want to do, trolling or casting. Trilling will get you better numbers but it's not nearly as enjoyable as casting IMO. Go with Drifter II or Rampage if you wanna troll with a group. Mike Parker or Ian Jones if you want to cast.

Josh

I feel like we can't have a muskie conversation and leave out Jon Bondy.
He offers casting and jigging charters, depending on the time of year.
I've never been out with him, but have attended 2 seminars through belle rivers chapter of muskies canada.
He knows what he's doing

hey don`t forget tony`s tuna charters...guaranteed to pull like a truck(y)

I don't mean to hijack this post but mick do you have experience with Tony's. I am heading to PEI next week and want to charter? Any other 68er's that want to comment that would be great. Will be in PEI and NS for a week, my kid wants to shark fish but I like the idea of Tuna and can't afford both. Maybe I should start a new thread, story if this is off topic.

hey plan B ya i have been dieing to get out there and do some tuna fishin.....every time i go its in the late fall moose & caribou huntin NFLD..
you can drive to PEI straight in 18 hours

PEI bluefin tuna are in season right now...I would call and inquire just to see how booked up the tuna charters are...the way i do my huntin for big game charters is go right down to the marinas around noon hour and start looking and asking around ..you have to see whos getting the action and where...and when the charter boats come in you can see the catches and talk to the crew...you can here the good and the bad, and prices and most important the action...Thats how you can cut a deal to...I can tell ya I have caught numerous marlin and sailfish and its not about the serious coin you lay down..its all about the captain and the first mate for experience.. the boat & equipment is secondary...In between casting bait to hungry marlin I hooked a nice mako..we released it...that was off Cabo...thats when i was younger and had the muscle to man handle bill fish...do it while your young and in your prime...your talking big tuna here...if a 10 year old boy can land a 486 lb BF tuna well don`t ya think you can give it a try...absoulutely...just to let ya know thats a small one a big one is over a 1000...maybe you can share a charter twice for double the action...you really won`t know until you get to the different marinas and here and see where and how hot the action is...wish i was going...

Thanks for the advice mick, sounds like a good idea. We did a similar thing on the west coast, checked out the marina, and had a great charter the next day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks