Spring channel cats.

chesapeakeman

How soon do the whiskered fish start showing up in Big Otter and Catfish creek? Have cabin fever, hoping for a warm up that lasts. Basesball is about to start, lets go Blue Jays, I'm hoping fishing does too!

Can’t help you with those rivers, but anywhere on from beginning of April we usually find some in the lower grand. Sometimes the fishing can be pretty good.

Sorry @chesapeakeman I can't help you this early in the season. I'm still hibernating for at least another month probably (depends on how long it takes me to get the annual spring "honey do" list done and of course the weather)

Best I can tell you is I've heard that this early, suckers are more likely what you'll catch, but with any luck I'll be sittin on my favorite pier wetting a line sometime near the end of April or early in May, and it's not uncommon to catch a few cats then.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks