Spring….could it be here soon?? 👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I did some shopping yesterday morning at a big box store here in London,and it felt like spring in there,with items such as kayaks, 20 lb. propane tanks finally with gauges,plus garden hoses,swing sets,etc.,etc. for sale there. This morning to start my day,I took a drive out to Fanshawe Lake for a bit of a hike, 🥾 🥾 there were more signs there at Fanshawe Lake and area,that Spring was perhaps coming soon. Such as Fanshawe Lake thawing out,
View attachment IMG_2656.mov
and the Thames River was flooding out,” Big Time!!” because of the thawing!
View attachment IMG_2665.mov
Now,to wait for this coming Friday,February 2,2024,to see what the groundhog says on Groundhog Day,when Spring will actually arrive,according to the groundhog! lol 😂 Enjoy the rest of this winter what’s left of it, and “Come ON!!” Spring!! 🌞 🌸 🌺 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2634.jpeg
    IMG_2634.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2640.jpeg
    IMG_2640.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2642.jpeg
    IMG_2642.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
No matter what the rodent says Friday, it's still gonna be at least 6 more weeks of winter, at least according to the calendar. But the true measure of when spring is here is when I finish those damn "honey do" lists and go park my butt on the pier for the first time (or if it happens before I finish those lists, the Leafs find themselves on the golf course again instead of playing into May and or June. Whichever comes first. ;))

No matter what the rodent says Friday, it's still gonna be at least 6 more weeks of winter, at least according to the calendar. But the true measure of when spring is here is when I finish those damn "honey do" lists and go park my butt on the pier for the first time (or if it happens before I finish those lists, the Leafs find themselves on the golf course again instead of playing into May and or June. Whichever comes first. ;))
lol 😝 @Trevor M ……the Leafs!! lol 😝 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2555.jpeg
    IMG_2555.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2657.jpeg
    IMG_2657.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 13
Haha it’s not spring because Costco says so :)

They bring everything seasonal in temporarily and need it gone for the next thing. Same reason you get Halloween in August and Christmas before Halloween and on and on…

Trevor we all know where the leafs will be in May.haha

Haha it’s not spring because Costco says so :)

They bring everything seasonal in temporarily and need it gone for the next thing. Same reason you get Halloween in August and Christmas before Halloween and on and on…
Very true @Octavius Brine about Costco 👍 I see this “pattern” happening each time of year,for various products and seasons that go along with it. 👍🙂

No comment on Leafs or Habs, don't want to get into that mess. Go Knights. But LOTS of robins recently around Strathroy and hear flocks of swans and/or cranes going north...
lol 😆 @stackman1 👍 and a good idea about not getting into that mess!! ( Leafs or HABS ). lol 😝 Good choice as well,about just supporting the “Hometown” Knights!! They are looking good again this year!! 🏒 🥅 We will likely meet up on the Thames River again,( like most year’s -lol 😂 ), while walleye fishing. We should text each other for walleye updates,and tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 17
Trevor we all know where the leafs will be in May.haha
Yeah pretty much the same place they are EVERY year in May. Wondering what the hell happened, and how they're gonna ice a relatively, somewhat, sometimes, competitive team the following season without a decent 3rd and 4th line, a defense that isn't, and questionable goaltending and still remain within the salary cap.

Last edited:
I did some shopping yesterday morning at a big box store here in London,and it felt like spring in there,with items such as kayaks, 20 lb. propane tanks finally with gauges,plus garden hoses,swing sets,etc.,etc. for sale there. This morning to start my day,I took a drive out to Fanshawe Lake for a bit of a hike, 🥾 🥾 there were more signs there at Fanshawe Lake and area,that Spring was perhaps coming soon. Such as Fanshawe Lake thawing out,
View attachment 83932
and the Thames River was flooding out,” Big Time!!” because of the thawing!
View attachment 83933
Now,to wait for this coming Friday,February 2,2024,to see what the groundhog says on Groundhog Day,when Spring will actually arrive,according to the groundhog! lol 😂 Enjoy the rest of this winter what’s left of it, and “Come ON!!” Spring!! 🌞 🌸 🌺 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Heres hoping

lol 😆 @stackman1 👍 and a good idea about not getting into that mess!! ( Leafs or HABS ). lol 😝 Good choice as well,about just supporting the “Hometown” Knights!! They are looking good again this year!! 🏒 🥅 We will likely meet up on the Thames River again,( like most year’s -lol 😂 ), while walleye fishing. We should text each other for walleye updates,and tight lines & Walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂
Sure hope the Knights win in regulation tonight in Kitchener. Thanks to those shootout losses to teams they SHOULD have easily beaten on the weekend, they've fallen out of first to second overall (tied with Saginaw, and SSM each with 65 pts) and they're only 3pts up on Kitchener in the division.

Sure hope the Knights win in regulation tonight in Kitchener. Thanks to those shootout losses to teams they SHOULD have easily beaten on the weekend, they've fallen out of first to second overall (tied with Saginaw, and SSM each with 65 pts) and they're only 3pts up on Kitchener in the division.
I just saw the score @Trevor M this morning from last nights hockey game in Kitchener,and another great win by the London Knights especially over the Kitchener Rangers!! GO KNIGHTS GO!! 🏒🥅👍🙂

I just saw the score @Trevor M this morning from last nights hockey game in Kitchener,and another great win by the London Knights especially over the Kitchener Rangers!! GO KNIGHTS GO!! 🏒🥅👍🙂
I watched it on Rogers TV. Was a good game.

MUCH closer game this time than that game on the 20th. They stuck to playin hockey.

Willmore made a "how did THAT not go in" save in the first. Absolutely robbed the Kitchener player to keep it 1-0. PP went 2 for 3.

I found it a little odd that the Kitchener play by play people were all in agreement that where Kitchener is in the standings right now (4th in the conference) is probably where they SHOULD be......and will likely end up at the end of the regular season. Nice to know they have so much faith in their team isn't it:ROFLMAO:

I watched it on Rogers TV. Was a good game.

MUCH closer game this time than that game on the 20th. They stuck to playin hockey.

Willmore made a "how did THAT not go in" save in the first. Absolutely robbed the Kitchener player to keep it 1-0. PP went 2 for 3.

I found it a little odd that the Kitchener play by play people were all in agreement that where Kitchener is in the standings right now (4th in the conference) is probably where they SHOULD be......and will likely end up at the end of the regular season. Nice to know they have so much faith in their team isn't it:ROFLMAO:
@Trevor M I couldn’t believe it when my wife had said last night,that we haven’t had Roger’s TV now for 6 year’s!! 😱 Mind you, it’s “driving me crazy 🤪 !!” now though,for not having cable all of these year’s!! How did I ever know how to fish,🤔 without watching fishing show’s for an example?? 🤔 plus I have been missing a lot of other events, 🏈 ⚽🏒🥅,etc.,on Rogers TV. I will be prepared for the Super Bowl on February 11,2024,because today,my wife and I will be looking today on other TV hookup alternative to be able to enjoy sporting event’s,movie’s,etc., and not with Rogers of course,like we had 6 year’s ago,and had them cut off,because on how expensive they were! Sorry for the rant,and “GO KNIGHTS GO!! 🏒🥅👍🙂

Yeah pretty much the same place they are EVERY year in May. Wondering what the hell happened, and how they're gonna ice a relatively, somewhat, sometimes, competitive team the following season without a decent 3rd and 4th line, a defense that isn't, and questionable goaltending and still remain within the salary cap.
Yup you got that right Trevor. That is the challenge there.

Beware my friends, the false sights and smells of pretend spring will soon be met with the wrath of old man winter.
beware,be brave we shall overcome and have our babies on trailer soon enough

Beware my friends, the false sights and smells of pretend spring will soon be met with the wrath of old man winter.
:unsure:What is this "wrath of old man winter" that you speak of? We don't get THAT in these parts. ;)

What we get is a mix of mother nature being indecisive and unable to decide whether to turn the AC on or crank the heat.🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks