Fishing Report Spoon fed. Wendsday AM Nanticoke

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After Wasting a couple precious hrs from 1st light pulling cranks and harness off dipsys & leadlines in 65-70fow i put a spoon on a dipsy and fish on. 5/5 by 10:00am.20200826_220809.jpgNK28 anti-freez behind dipsy out 70&90ft set on 0 was the medicine.
Before dropping the baits down ran spoons along the boat and adjusted speed until I felt it had the right kick&roll which turned out to be 3mph.
Washed long As, taildancers,thunder sticks & perfect 10s without so much as sniff. wormharnessessess went unnoticed as well.
I didn't notice till later there was a hand full of smelt and chunks of under the ice in cooler. Some of which were the same caliber as the 28's.20200826_222904.jpg

I can't emphasize enough how the little details put fish in the boat... You had two of them in this report... Nice knife work my friend... Good fishing...

We went 5/5 also out of Nanticoke yesterday, all on Redfins. I normally run a couple of NK 28s but didn't yesterday or maybe I could have been off the lake a little earlier like you. Instead of changing depths I should have been changing baits. lesson learned, It was a long day for us. Thanks for the report.

We went 5/5 also out of Nanticoke yesterday, all on Redfins. I normally run a couple of NK 28s but didn't yesterday or maybe I could have been off the lake a little earlier like you. Instead of changing depths I should have been changing baits. lesson learned, It was a long day for us. Thanks for the report.
I normally(most always)run a couple RRF but decided to give them a rest and went with others in the box. I had them right there but reached passed them every change. Maybe I could have done a touch better or been "catching" sooner instead of "fishing" had I put them in the rotation. With So much invested in other cranks I wanted them to start paying off as the RRF did many times over. Lesson learn here as well. Thanks for sharing your findings.

Great report and a great catch SIX GRAND. Its clear the Walleyes are feeding heavy on the smelts this year in LPB. With all the smelts showing on the graph, and in the stomachs, I can see why some days are tough fishing. Glad you got a box full.

I managed to get 7 Friday night, 55-70fow. Fishing is really tough for this time of year. Fish are spread out and not getting many bites for the amount of fish being marked

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks