Fishing Report Spoon fed. Wendsday AM Nanticoke

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After Wasting a couple precious hrs from 1st light pulling cranks and harness off dipsys & leadlines in 65-70fow i put a spoon on a dipsy and fish on. 5/5 by 10:00am.20200826_220809.jpgNK28 anti-freez behind dipsy out 70&90ft set on 0 was the medicine.
Before dropping the baits down ran spoons along the boat and adjusted speed until I felt it had the right kick&roll which turned out to be 3mph.
Washed long As, taildancers,thunder sticks & perfect 10s without so much as sniff. wormharnessessess went unnoticed as well.
I didn't notice till later there was a hand full of smelt and chunks of under the ice in cooler. Some of which were the same caliber as the 28's.20200826_222904.jpg

I can't emphasize enough how the little details put fish in the boat... You had two of them in this report... Nice knife work my friend... Good fishing...

We went 5/5 also out of Nanticoke yesterday, all on Redfins. I normally run a couple of NK 28s but didn't yesterday or maybe I could have been off the lake a little earlier like you. Instead of changing depths I should have been changing baits. lesson learned, It was a long day for us. Thanks for the report.

We went 5/5 also out of Nanticoke yesterday, all on Redfins. I normally run a couple of NK 28s but didn't yesterday or maybe I could have been off the lake a little earlier like you. Instead of changing depths I should have been changing baits. lesson learned, It was a long day for us. Thanks for the report.
I normally(most always)run a couple RRF but decided to give them a rest and went with others in the box. I had them right there but reached passed them every change. Maybe I could have done a touch better or been "catching" sooner instead of "fishing" had I put them in the rotation. With So much invested in other cranks I wanted them to start paying off as the RRF did many times over. Lesson learn here as well. Thanks for sharing your findings.

Great report and a great catch SIX GRAND. Its clear the Walleyes are feeding heavy on the smelts this year in LPB. With all the smelts showing on the graph, and in the stomachs, I can see why some days are tough fishing. Glad you got a box full.

I managed to get 7 Friday night, 55-70fow. Fishing is really tough for this time of year. Fish are spread out and not getting many bites for the amount of fish being marked

Back