Special mate boxes

lazywave

The other thing to look for is if you buy a spoon version or a crankbait version. The crankbait has the individual slots to stop body hooks from hitting eachother where for spoons only that is not needed. The spoon boxes can hold 225 spoons where the crankbait can only hold 120

SouthernOntariosportsman

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just checked the 5” box. 3 1/2 inch and rrf do not touch not even close. 4” just touch but not enough to cause a problem. Next box is gonna be a 5” box because I won’t go any larger than 4” spoons
If you only want spoons in the box the 5 inch is fine but I put both spoons and body baits in mine. That way I can carry as much of either as I need for any outing without multiple tackle boxes taking up room in the boat. Even the big lipped Rapala Tail Dancers, Live Target and Bandits etc. fit with ease. I guess it's just a matter of how much you want to carry and if you have the room. Regardless the Special Mate are the best I've ever used. :)

hvyhaul

I would like to thank everyone in their impassioned efforts in this thread for creating thoughts in my mind about spending more money. :eek::oops::banghead:

Only problem is that I am pretty sure (LOL) I have more spoons than fits in one but not likely enough to fill two. :unsure:

I guess I might have to look at spoons again if I pull the trigger. 🤪

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks