Off Topic Song stuck in my head this morning...

GO LEAFS GO. The last time they won their division my son was barely 7. He's almost 30 now. I wasn't alive the last time they won the Cup. Two games left, in Ottawa Wednesday, Winnipeg Friday. Am I planning a parade. Nope, not yet.

They've made the playoffs, won the division, but they still haven't proven they can win those 16 games it takes to warrant that parade, but I'm more optimistic about their chances than I have been since the '93 season, but in the back of my mind lingers what I've been saying about them for my early teens and the entirety of my adult life......."the Leafs are if nothing else, consistent. They disappoint their fan base consistently every year.":(;)

:unsure:Maybe this is the year that changes. We'll see.

Attachments

• 58140E20-AADD-4CEE-826E-23BF3D608F0C.jpeg
    58140E20-AADD-4CEE-826E-23BF3D608F0C.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 14
  • D0058C55-AB0E-483F-B70B-6E2C25CE790F.jpeg
    D0058C55-AB0E-483F-B70B-6E2C25CE790F.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 14
@Derkd9 It’s not true 👎😉 & we are just saving our best hockey for the playoffs!! 🥇🏆 😉👍👍🙂
@Derkd9 It has been way too long(1993),since the Montreal Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup!! 😱 Well,at least it hasn’t been since 😱 1967!! 😱 since the Blue & White team from Toronto has won the Stanley Cup!! 😲😬😙👍🙂

Attachments

• 60C4652B-045A-4526-8740-D6CB1AE690A1.jpeg
    60C4652B-045A-4526-8740-D6CB1AE690A1.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 4
Daryl Hall and John Oates, I think that album is still on my old I-pod

have a Mtl fan in my circle of friends?? who doesn't want to talk to me right now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I have several Montreal fans in my circle of friends. They're talking to me but what they're saying is the usual banter of how over rated the Leafs are (never looking at their team of choice and saying the same) and of course the obvious "the Leafs won the season series fine. :mad: Just you wait til the first round of the playoffs. They're different than the regular season." To which my response is......"Montreal hasn't made it yet, and even if they do, they may end up playing Edmonton in the first round instead if Winnipeg keeps playing the way they have been lately or IF Montreal loses both remaining games in regulation, and Vancouver miraculously wins out with their remaining 7 games, that sets up the tie breaker scenario which would put Vancouver in and Montreal out." (I don't think that's going to happen tho. Even if Montreal does lose both against Edmonton this week, they only need Vancouver to lose one more game to clinch.)

@Derkd9 It’s not true 👎😉 & we are just saving our best hockey for the playoffs!! 🥇🏆 😉👍👍🙂
so what you're saying is you're very hopeful that Price comes back for the playoffs and plays up to the monachre of being the best goalie in the world today.:ROFLMAO: Said it earlier in the season, as goes Price, so go the Montreal Canadiens.;)

@Derkd9 It has been way too long(1993),since the Montreal Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup!! 😱 Well,at least it hasn’t been since 😱 1967!! 😱 since the Blue & White team from Toronto has won the Stanley Cup!! 😲😬😙👍🙂
:ROFLMAO:but what have they done since?? Mediocre at best. 27+ years and counting with a team that on paper has been FAR superior to that of the team in Toronto and don't forget, I'm saying that as a die hard Leaf fan, but I can also admit how bad the Leafs have been when they've been bad. NO Montreal fan I know can or will EVER do or admit that about the Montreal Canadiens.:ROFLMAO:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks