Some good news for ice fisherman

SRT8

Just saw this on the Longpoint Facebook and it looks like nobody will be getting a ticket for riding thier quad down from the parking area on top of the hill in St Willies the bylaw allows ATV's from just south of the library to the lake .

StWilliamsATV.jpg

Not that we have any ice to get out on

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Hey SRT8 when your down around the hill at St. Williams where the Grangers and Shermans Ice hut offices are would you be kind enough to post a pic looking out toward the lake. I'm just to far away to drive down at any time. Thankyou. HURON. P.S. I do look at the cam shot of Booth's Harbour that's available on line.

if things keep going this way nobody will get a chance to use the new by-law I can't beleive how mild it is +4 ate 3:30am when I left work tonight

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

SRT8,I can`t believe it either on the Mild Temperatures we are experiencing at the moment.But I am not counting out the Month of February yet,because it can be quite a Nasty Month for Cold Conditions.Most of my Ice Fishing Trips over the 30 plus year`s down at Long Point Bay,have been mostly in February.My Ice Fishing Tackle,plus my walking Boats are ready to go.If by chance the conditions down South here don`t improve,a trip up North will be planned.8D

RED FISH

Sorry everyone, it is my fault that it is so mild. I bought a Clam at the end of last season that I am dying to use. I am sorry that this time Murphys law is affecting everyone. [:(!]

Warm Barrels
Boltzz

You folks are definitely experiencing a record mild winter.After 5 decades in Ont., I can't remember a winter like this. I agree with red hering, Feb. can be a nasty month weather wise but can it bring enough cold days to give you safe ice is yet to be seen...just be safe folks! We just took another -28 with w/c of -37 last night...lots of ice but not smart to out in it. We welcome the cold snap to thicken the ice as 5 people fell through last week. After one fell through, you would think the rest will be cautious.... All are O.K. though.:) I hope you get some ice soon.
All the best folks and above all, be safe!

cheers,
Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks