So Many Walleye in Burwell

Seeing there's so many Walleye at Burwell, guys are catching their limit in a hour.
Has Anyone tried jigging for them there???
We tried this last week with panoptics (ice fishing gear) for 4 hours. 3 different Spots on spot lock (front troller) the fish were hanging on the thermocline. We could pull them up 10 ft or down 5 ft but they weren’t able to hit the lure because of the wave (1ft). We could see them taking runs at it and missing. A calm day would make table fair. I’m interested in finding out what lure works best. Seems a lot like ice fishing. It was fun but the guys we know who trolled the same night caught limit… we had fun

We tried this last week with panoptics (ice fishing gear) for 4 hours. 3 different Spots on spot lock (front troller) the fish were hanging on the thermocline. We could pull them up 10 ft or down 5 ft but they weren’t able to hit the lure because of the wave (1ft). We could see them taking runs at it and missing. A calm day would make table fair

Stupid fish. ;) 🤪 😁 🌻

Back in the 80's you could drift with an "Erie Dearie" and worm and do quite well. Water clarity was much less and only out 2-3 miles out from shore. Didn't have a fishfinder on my 12' tinner so not sure how deep...😄
Would take some extra weight to get it down to 40'.
I'd like to try jigging a Bondy Mini Wobbler...🤔

Seeing there's so many Walleye at Burwell, guys are catching their limit in a hour.
Has Anyone tried jigging for them there???
My wife mentioned it @Fish Farmer the last time that me and her were walleye fishing out on Lake Erie,about jigging for walleye’s,before my outboard motor had issue’s,and now waiting for a part for it. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work jigging for walleye’s,because it definitely work’s while jigging for walleye’s during the hard water season on inland lake’s & some river’s,such as the Thames River,when the ice is safe!! ( Prairie Siding area,towards the Thames rivermouth). My wife and I are going to give jigging for walleye’s a try the next time we go walleye fishing,once my outboard motor is fixed. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞🤞👍🙂

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks