Smallmouth Bass - August 26th

Fish em All

With Lake Erie being as rough as it was this past weekend, we decided to fish a local reservoir for Smallmouth Bass. Water levels were extremely low and the clarity was stained and murky throughout. We fished tube jigs, rattle baits and jerk baits in 8-12 feet of water. Ended up catching 10 nice Smallmouth bass, the biggest a 19" fish. Also caught 3 big rock bass, lost two huge pike and hooked a monster snapping turtle that thankfully got off near the boat.
DSC09794.jpg

DSC09800.jpg

DSC09779.jpg

DSC09787.jpg

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Fish em All.I was just talking to a friend of mine about 3 hour`s ago about fishing Lake Erie this week if it is not too rough,and we also discussed Fishing the"Local Reservoir" as a "Back Up Plan"8DIt will be my first time out on Lake Erie this year,for I personelly prefer to cast to Target areas more,to Hook up on Fish.Good looking Smallmouth Bass by the way,and the Fishing only gets better on the reservoir as the water drops lower,and the water temperatures also dip down.;)Thanks For Sharing.The Future of Fishing is in your Hands.Catch & Release8D

RED FISH

Nice going! I fished both the south and the north shore for smallies last week and didn't do very well so its great to see some good looking bass.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks