SM Bass - North Shore - Friday, Aug 3rd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My wife and I have the grandchildren coming for the weekend and they expect their grampa to put them into fish. Not much of a problem this morning. Quickest limit of SM this year. We only kept a few but it took my wife and I less than an hour to find a school and catch 12. We fished Flicker Shads in 16 fow. I hope they are as cooperative on Monday for the kids. The definition of the north shore for me is Normandale to Woolley's Point. There are rocks almost all the way and Smallies routinely feed along the entire lenth.
Aug03_2012.jpg

Nice bass.
That is the area I go to this time of year and earlier.
It has been good all year.The bass seem to love the rocks.
May be out there at same time ,grandchildren are in on Sunday .
They love to catch a few fish and they aren't picky. A rock bass is as good as a smallmouth to them.
We go out of Port Dover and from there I hardly ever get as far as Ryerse.
Good luck on the weekend.

Arnie,

you've made that bass trip with your wife...glad you found them so quickly...kids should be busy and happy on Monday:D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Congratulations on your Catch,my fishing partner for the day and myself headed out to Bluff Bar in search of some Bass & Pike in my Boat,and we found that the Bass were hard to find in our usual spots.The Pike were also,playing hard to catch.We tried deep water trolling,plus throwing spinnerbaits etc. around here & there inside the Bluff Bar.We eventually ended up in the back end of the "Bar" and we couldn`t believe our eye`s,there were Gar Pike everywhere,it looked like that they were surface feeding,and creating quite a Splash,and following our lure`s also,but turning away once they got too close to the Boat.The water temperature was around 78 degree Fahrenheit,and the water was flat,hardly a ripple.I guess we should of made the run to the North Shore were by your report is were the Bass were Feeding,if we only knew ahead of time,Hopefully Next Time.;)We did eventually catch a Pike in front of Millionaire`s Island,and a couple of Bass on our way back to the Boat Ramp.All in All,a Beautiful Day.Good Luck on Monday.8D

RED FISH

Arnie,
What's the depth where you find the rocks? I went out to north shore for first time last weekend, just east of Normandale, but no luck, and all sandy bottom. Believe we were in around the 15-18 foot range. Few boats out there, but no one was catching where we were. I'm thinking you were a bit more east of where we were yet. Just curious to find the rocks now. :)
Thanks,
Ken

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

Way to go Arnie,looked like a beauty day out there as well

Kirk

Hi Ken,
I can certainly relate to your experience but I've done this for a lot of years and they are alway there, somewhere. They do move with the water therefore can be hard to find at times. I usually pick winds that allow me predict where to look first therefore recommend you keep a log. If the winds were north or east last weekend you have my sympathy because they are the worst, for me at least.

quote:
Originally posted by Consequence Free

Arnie,
What's the depth where you find the rocks? I went out to north shore for first time last weekend, just east of Normandale, but no luck, and all sandy bottom. Believe we were in around the 15-18 foot range. Few boats out there, but no one was catching where we were. I'm thinking you were a bit more east of where we were yet. Just curious to find the rocks now. :)
Thanks,
Ken

-Yoda

So am I at least in the right depth where the rocks are? 15-18'?
Must need to go a bit more east towards Ryerse. The log is a good idea. I plot waypoints on the GPS to see patterns where I catch fish.
Ken

-Yoda

Well I must say I wish I had Duck Soups knowledge of this area because bass are a favourite of mine to catch. We worked this area this morning for 4 hours before heading in as the waves were picking up and didnt even get as much as a bite, we tried everything. I guess the saying holds true.... "With Age Comes Knowledge" Nice Fish.

Simcoe, Ontario

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks