Off Topic Slab grabber suggestions

Speedy Turtle

I see that quite a few people recommend getting slab grabbers on this forum. What size (1.5"/2"/3") of slab grabber do you all recommend, shape (round/diamond), and which colour on inner bay for perch/pike?

Most of the sizes work well i prefer a 2 1/2" silver with a chartruse bead
Good to know @cobo and thanks for the “tip.” 👍👍 I will need to upgrade my size from 1 3/4 inches to 2 1/2 inches. I have had luck catching perch with the slab grabbers size,( 1 3/4 inch), that I have,but not as much luck catching pike with the 1 3/4 inch size that I have,with the chartreuse bead. Tight lines & perch & pike’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 2EB92AA5-AF56-45D1-BD7D-DEC3FBE3295D.jpeg
    2EB92AA5-AF56-45D1-BD7D-DEC3FBE3295D.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 20
I like using a drain pipe with a chartruce bead 2" size they are made by the same company as slab grabbers
@Mercury Rising I just realized by looking them up what a drain pipe lure is & looks like,( right photo). I have some of those as well,and I have them along with my slab grabbers,( left photo), every time when I go ice fishing,etc. I was wondering as well,why the tops of these different lure’s have a different shape to them,and now I know,(they are different name lure’s), and thanks for your tip,which myself and others likely will appreciate as well. Tight lines my friend & see you again on the thames river for walleye’s soon. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 1C92C2B8-3947-48A7-A67E-9B5083E67A65.jpeg
    1C92C2B8-3947-48A7-A67E-9B5083E67A65.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 10
  • AD248FDC-F205-420A-B7D0-2B29C7993D66.jpeg
    AD248FDC-F205-420A-B7D0-2B29C7993D66.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 10
I see that quite a few people recommend getting slab grabbers on this forum. What size (1.5"/2"/3") of slab grabber do you all recommend, shape (round/diamond), and which colour on inner bay for perch/pike?
I think it's best to get an assortment

And if you talk your fishing buddies to do the same .

Then can experiment and borrow / trade if needed

I prefer the silver fyi as the "gold" lose their shine quickly. I buy small rubber beads, pull off the big one that usually comes on the lure and put my minnow head on, then the bead. Keeps small fish from pulling the head off. You do not have to tip them, I do.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks