shotgun

shotgun

is the hahn still open

can you not hunt it in the evening?, are there blinds? do you have to hunt out of a boat? is there enough water to hunt it? thanks in advance, for any info is very much appreciated.

I think that the big sign says that you have to stop by noon and have to be out by 2pm. There isn't much open water at all and probably none in any of the channels. You might find a remnant blind or two, but you're probably going ot be hunting out of whatever gets you out there (no motors allowed either- not that they'd be of much use!).

hah....i went out in the hahn within two weeks of this post last year and there was about 3-6 feet of water all the way through the marsh...the day before our hunt we went out during the day and found 3 ponds with two decent blinds each and another with one blind....we canoed out and sat in the east blind at pond 1 and shot a limit by 9 30 am....how did your hunt go in the hahn?

Life will burn on, keep your gunpowder dry.

Sadly the haun has been neglected. A few years back they were to restore it and signs were posted but i was there about a week ago and i don't think you could even canoe back any more. Its mostly grown in. It used to be a good little place to hunt.

Hunted the Hahn a couple of times last year. Did alright but not great. It had more water later in the season.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks