Seven Keepers and one Cell Phone

Could get Ugly

Red Fish and I went out of Old Cut on Wednesday. We walked out about a mile to 5 FOW. There were 3 old holes we easily opened up from a hut earlier in the week. Missed one huge jumbo right off the bat. We fished from 9am to 3pm. We managed to keep 7 and throw back about 15 dinks. We did better than the other guys that went out to DC10 to our surprise. I was jigging in one of the old holes when I hooked something heavy. I brought it up slowly and was blown away when I thought I jigged a wallet. I turned out to be a cell phone in a leather case. Catch of the day. We're drying it out now in some rice to see if we can find the owner. If you lost one, let me know. We'll be down Sunday for Rotten Ronnie's Perch Fishing Derby. See everyone there.8D

That's hilarious; thanks for sharing. Might belong to one of those guys that use a whisky bottle for a tape measure. :D

Hooking up a cell phone LOL!!! My brother-in-law and I were joking about just that when we were up at Simcoe. When I said I wonder how many cell phone are laying around down there. Glad it's not mine!!!LOL! "If" it works after a drying out it sure would make a great commercial for the cell phone maker. What brand was it anyways? Huron

Could get Ugly,Thanks for posting the Picture`s from our day out last Wednesday,nicely done;).We ended up with some nice Perch & also a Sun/Windburn to finish off the Day.The Cell Phone was a surprise for sure,and it will come in handy this Sunday for the Derby to call in those Jumbo Perch that we missed off the Old Cut that day.8D

RED FISH

hahaha, my buddy lost his phone down the hole last weekend, off Old Cut side! I will contact him to let him know as well.

you can email me at dgelderl@london.ca

LOL I was talking to a guy the other day that said him and his buddies went ice fishing and lost 3 cell phones and a laptop. But not sure where they were fishing or how they managed to lose all that.

When my son and I were fishing on Baitshop Bay near Ottawa, my GPS came out of my pocket. " Nothing but hole" We watched it slowly drift out of sight.:0 He bought me a floating one for my birthday.:D

Born To Fish, Forced To Work

Hey Red, good to see you got out. Think I will wait for openwater season. At least you got your exercise for the day. How did that electronic taste after you floated it in some oil;).

Brian (Legend Man)

i spoke to my buddy this morning, is the phone you found and LG? if so can you leave it at Jimmy Riggins, he hopes to be able to salvage all his contacts on the SIM card
thanks

The phone I caught was a Samsung with Google. The rice didn't work and it didn't take a charge. So I'll leave it with Jimmy @ Rotten Ronnie's in the morning when we pick up our derby tickets. Thanks

jumbos,the electronic tasted just fine,flip it once for a minute in the oil.The micro chips stuck in my teeth were a little annoying,and also my wife now knows were I am at all times due to the built in GPS.I can`t wait to hit the Toilet,to get rid of my positions.LOL Good choice about waiting till the openwater season,I know that you like to use an ATV and also a Fishing Hut pulled behind it.I be waiting for thicker ice,before I would venture out on that Ice,with that kind of equipment,too risky.For me,I will be cautiously walking for now,on the ice we have at the moment8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks