Sept 15th fishing report

aknelsen

Fished out of burwell from 8-11:30, only got 1 steelhead on 6 colour leadcore using greasy chicken wing, not a single walleye, what am i doing wrong? I also tried nascar and ripplin redfins, going 2.5 -3 mph, any help is appreciated. Thanks

Forgot to mention steelhead was caught in 47feet of water, was trolling between 40-52ft of water

The bite yesterday was very slow . We produced nothing on RRF`s surprisingly , nothing on anything orange aswell . We kept trying diff colour combo`s and best was purple , pinks and blues . Large Purple Haze and Cupcake glow spoons had the best action for me . The young lady onboard pulled a Red Devil out of the box and asked if that would work , said sure , you never know ( with a Laugh ) . Guess what ? She caught the next 2 pics in no time on it . lol We ended up with 9 in the cooler , lost several . We were running the same depths as you . Would love to catch some trout out there . Lucky you .

Trolling 2.8 - 3.4 for eyes is not uncommon at all on Erie. Any slower and I get junk alot more junk fish. They have no issue catching a bait moving at walking speed lol

Josh

Last edited:
Was out yesterday. Fish were very scattered. Started in between 38-43 ft on greasy chicken got 2 right away 20 ft down then nothing. We switched up to wildfire spoon and Mango Tango and dropped them to 33ft and found a big school in 51ft. Hope this helps

How fast are you trolling. For eyes 1.5 to 2.5 is were you need to be anything over 3 and all you Wil get us crome

I troll over 3mph almost all the time and have no issue catching walleye. Depends on what baits you are running more than anything but spoons and redfins do fine at the higher speeds and you cover a lot more ground. Currents also play into too and you may adjust up or down a bit if you have a probe to figure it out.

Thanks for your help, i will have to buy some more spoons of different colors, i had 6 colors out which was 160ft of line and i had 1 rod flatlining with deeper diving crank baits which produced nothing.

Sat am bite was a little slower, we managed 1 off downrigger, 11 off dipsies 120-130 2.8. small spoons. My friend was out earlier( 8am) he landed 3 man limit and released some also in 90 minutes. Said everything worked. Our lines were in 10ish and it was slower. I have never seen more fish cleaned at big otter ever! Line ups all day till dark at tables...................

I would try dipseys, I was where you were a couple years ago! Wonder why everyone is slaying them and I cant get one fish! I get way more fish off dipseys than lead core and downriggers. Not to say they dont work. But for me its like 10 to one dipseys to downriggers. The members on here taught me how to fish erie, read as much as you can ,info is accurate! Great group of experts!

Fished Friday Saturday and Sunday. Not one day was the same as far as Colour. Every day totally different fished 40 to 51 ft dipsy 3 setting back anywhere from 70 to 110 ft. Dipsy our the back 60 to 85. Once we figured what they wanted game on. First time I’ve ever had 4 rods going to much fun. It was good to see the men in green checking. Tight lines.

Went out Saturday, 45 to 53 feet, two walleye on blue and silver ripplin redfins, the other 4 on spoons, all on 8 colour at 2.9 mph, when i did slow down got a couple of 9lb farm animals. great day on the water, hopefully one more time to get a bit more gas out of the tank :) One person, one limit, one big ass freezer bag of fillets!

Was out Saturday from 3:00 to 5:30 for a 3 man limit with releasing 5 smaller eyes. Fished straight out of Burwell in roughly 47' of water trolling East to West. Had luck on the down rigger down 35' with a cheater line, Leadcore 6 colours out and #1 dipsy on 3 setting 95' back, trolling a 2.8MPH on GPS. Hot lures for me were anything blue, pink panties, and mixed veggies.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks