sat bluff bar muskie

Who knows, we used to come out to LPB 30 years ago to fish LM and SM Bass and hammer the Perch in winter. In another , hopefully, few years this may be the next Lake St. Claire for Musky.

Congrats! I got my first musky this year too! It's such a great feeling bringing them in, then letting them go for another chance. Cheers!

We picked up a baby muskie on Saturday as well. Sure is great to hear there's a few being caught and released.

P5230016.jpg

Man all the Musky I have seen here from the bay all have those dark spots on them. I haven't seen many Musky in person but hundreds of pics and these seem to me to be very unique. Nice little fish you both caught.

Dark spots is the typical colouring of juvenile 'skis. Nothing unusual at all. The numbers are definitely encouraging! Having another musky fishery close by would certainly be a bonus!

A note of interest from St Clair.....a 36-37" musky is genrally about 7yrs old and a 40" 8 or 9 years. They can live up to and possibly beyond 30yrs so proper C&R is of vital importance to sustaining a fishery, particularly for trophy size fish.

Josh

Yeah, we have caught 4 small musky to date in 2015 and typically we only get a musky every second season. All four were about the same size as the one Markus posted and more typically they are in the 4 pound range. We may try using Musky tackle and baits in September to see what if anything happens. A larger musky will not normally react to the size of jig we use for pike.

Dark spots is the typical colouring of juvenile 'skis. Nothing unusual at all. The numbers are definitely encouraging! Having another musky fishery close by would certainly be a bonus!

A note of interest from St Clair.....a 36-37" musky is genrally about 7yrs old and a 40" 8 or 9 years. They can live up to and possibly beyond 30yrs so proper C&R is of vital importance to sustaining a fishery, particularly for trophy size fish.

Josh

Nicely put @Josh Roelofsen .....now I'm drooling for some slim time!!!.......apps

Josh

Thanks, never too old to learn. Changed the ignition switch on the boat today. 2 things learned new in 1 day.

Oh, I can hardly wait for the musky opener:D Trout in April and Musky in June it's like Christmas (Fishmas;)) twice!

Josh

looks like LP. has spotted muskie all over it now, should be good in 5 yrs. Bring on the opener eh Apps.

Blastr

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks