sale of minnows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had friends charged on Manitoulin Island during a deer hunt. Bogus charges, so they opted to go to court. They demanded full disclosure of all charges, evidence, etc which is the proper defence motions. The MNR wouldnt send the info or any documents. A day before court, all charges were withdrawn.
Its my humble opinion that the MNR will lay charges hoping that the individual will not want to show up in court and just bend over.
Go to court..make them accountable. My guess is all will go away....

not to hi jack this thread completely BUT is anyone allowed to sell minnows in Port Bruce???

not to hi jack this thread completely BUT is anyone allowed to sell minnows in Port Bruce???
I was on the pier today (report to follow) and heard rumor that Betty's is expecting a shipment of minnows tonight or tomorrow.

allowed to ,but at what risk? of repeating same supposed mistake ,that no one will tell you what the problem is to correct? or how to correct ,have not heard back from m.n.r, ,, lawyer listed from toronto for m.n.r did get back to me,but had no info on matter? live 5 minutes away from m.n.r office cant respond, guy 250 miles away can?

I had friends charged on Manitoulin Island during a deer hunt. Bogus charges, so they opted to go to court. They demanded full disclosure of all charges, evidence, etc which is the proper defence motions. The MNR wouldnt send the info or any documents. A day before court, all charges were withdrawn.
Its my humble opinion that the MNR will lay charges hoping that the individual will not want to show up in court and just bend over.
Go to court..make them accountable. My guess is all will go away....
sling shit at a wall see what sticks, after 12 years of the same thing over and over from one department or another at m.n.r,, it becomes kind a problem ,time ,money and stress full...i had once m.n.r guy here years ago yelling at me so hard in front of my house that he was spitting in my face,in front or the c.a.o of township, just for asking a question, we both agreed after that to never invole m.n.r again

I help catch minnows at Old Cut Boat Livery. We had an unexpected inspection a few weeks ago and we passed on the tanks of minnows. There was only one issue and it was the log book for which it was with me while I was out catching minnows. They did return a few days later to see if the log book was up to date. They did comment on the sale of minnows that the receipt shows the bait licence for which they like to see.
They will try to find issues whether it’s the staple of minnows or catching them.
When we pull the 100’ net and it’s full of minnows we try our hardest to make sure there is NO invasive species or game fish in it and that’s not an easy task. When we off load them back at the marina we will check every scoop before it’s dumped into the tanks.
Wish you all the best and good luck @rushcreek
i gave them log books ,tanks were empty, end of inspection should be good bye ,but after when they start asking question,like who else do you no that has bait for sale ,do you no who else and when did they get shipment of minnows ,when last time you got a shipment, were does all these minnows come from ,this become an investigation, not a ruoten inspection, and you have to answer or else ,because we say so, i ve learned before,, cause everything you say will be used against you later on when they want to were they want to,,,,i guess its called fishing

as for paper work at that office ,they really need a lost and found box,little own a 5 dollar drop box, yesterday they told me they only now deal with things electronicly ,no mail,no drop off s,,,,,and they lose shit all the time or misplace

i believe the on shop here sent his stuff in jan never heard back,they dont even own a computer, wouldnt even no how to turn one on ,they say lost his papers took minnows thou

other place paper was done,had called many times,turns out paperwork bin sitting on desk still at m.n.r

i have not really had anything to do much with minnows in past 4 years,since last encounter with m.n.r farce,kinda turned me off,,,next bridge fell down a 5 minute walk turned into a 45 drive to pier all i did was become info,direction place for people,next year temp bridge and nice new ramp want in with all traffic flow direct to n.e.m front door,next year closed road mostly to my place to build new bridge ,next year covid,elgin county would not allow me on beach to do it,or if did tresspassing charges,,and now come full circle again with another m.n.r farse,after just getting back to normal.i say sold few hundred dollars in past few years

but i ve spent over 10 000 lawyers ,consultent ,lic fees, and all this c.o had to say for that was''good for you and your lawyer riped me off then i m only human'' good thing i have vidoe auto install in shop

Last edited:
It does seem very odd as I have never heard of anyone being summoned to court without a reason/charge/fine whatever. Everyone always knows why they are going?

Maybe rushcreek can post a picture, with personal info blocked of course, of this summons letter? It would be interesting to see….
i posted it...but ...removed...had there reason.i respect that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks