S/W Ont ice fishing

fish17

Anyone plan on getting out this weekend? Anywhere beside long point or st.clair, I am talking small inland lakes

Yes I have. I dont really target perch there, they just like minnows ;) plenty of better places for perch...in my opinion

Hey Fish17 - another Londoner here. Have you ever tried pondmills in the winter? While driving by, I saw a fella out there, though if he had as much luck there as I did throughout the summer, all he would have done was washed his line.

AndyD, I have been out there. Perfect for kids, wax worms on a simple jig head (tiny 1/16 oz) and the sunfish action can be pretty good.

I always wondered about Fanshawe Lake's safety, seeing it's a damed lake. Has anyone been out there this year?

Yes, there are eyes in fanshawe. However it is a tough lake to pin them down in during the winter. I live 5mins away and rarely bother with it anymore. That said, I have racked up alot of days on the lake in years past with not alot of success. I've not had what would be considered a "good" day there by any means....

Careful getting on the ice after high water event as the levels can change dramatically causing iffy shore ice.

Josh

It is a concern at times, as of yesterday, the area I was on was easily 8+". And there are no walleye in fanshawe haha shhhhh

I always wondered about Fanshawe Lake's safety, seeing it's a damed lake. Has anyone been out there this year?
Yes several times go further to the back it's safe 10 inches of ice The picture that's one of the small walleyes lots of big ones there. Have fun

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks