Report for the Inner Bay May 9

Walleye

Oh Boy!
Expensive but the new boat is okay.

Number one and I headed out and as we were crossing the causeway the van started making noises like a connecting rod was going to go through the block. Number one says, "whats that", I says, "not good". We stop at Jimmy's for one scoop of his finest. Mrs Jimmy says, "that isn't a good sound", I says, "it isn't but we are going fishing anyway", ( I said this with much bravado ). She says, " our truck made that sound a while ago". I says, "what did you do with it". She says, " we took it to the wrecker". Oh oh.

So number one and I go launch the boat. She isn't real happy. We go to my fav spot 3/4 mile west of EC-10 and are fishing by 15:10. Rough water. One small, smallie and we move to 3 feet of water just outside the Old Cut at 15:55. They were biting like Piranha. We were pulling two at a time, each. Number one was smokin on the bobber and I almost kept up on the dead stick. I caught 2 Blue Gills, 2 big Rockies and a pile of Perch. Number concentrated on Perch.

We kept 18 males between 8 and 11.5. The filllets were thick.

The bait was gone by 17:05 and we cut our minnows in half. It was just too much fun.

Now the expensive part. The van is making all kinds of noises. We get to Ron's fish cleaning service and the oil pressure light comes on just as the engine quits. Lots of oil so it is the pump and the engine is toast. Ron comes out to see if I am okay and can he help in anyway. Now that is good people. We had CAA come get the van and Smoker came to get the boat.

Some might think that we had bad luck. I think we had good luck. The van could have broken down when my daughter was going to work late last night and it didn't. The van could have broken down before we could get fishing and it didn't. The van broke down in front Ron's fish cleaning and I got to meet Ron. CAA was thete in 10 minutes and I am lucky to have a friend in Smoker to come save me.

Most importantly though, Number one caught a pile fish.

Cheers, Clark

Great story... What kind of van?? How many kms??

2004 Caravan' 3.3. Found an engine at the wreckers but can't get it installed until next week and I am in a pinch. might have to just suck it up and buy a new one.

Stomp. I didn't get my fish cleaned as 18 probably wouldn't be worth his time however if I ever hit the mother load!

Cheers, Clark

hi Guys! Sorry to hear about the van Walleye. Kinda off topic but im new to fishing in long point. My father and I were planning on fishing tomorrow morning ( saturday may11) . I was wondering how protected the inner bay was from the winds. My concern is i have a 17ft Pro Craft bass boat which probably isnt the best in choppy waters. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

You tell a Great story Clark. Too bad about the van but the boat still works.....

BD

Great story for sure! With a positive attitude going in I'm sure things will work out no matter what the problems are with the Van.

Great story but even better was your positive attitude.

Good to read that all ended well,and to put Fishing first before engine problems,now that was very Classic.Yes,definetly a positive attitude.Enjoy the Fish Fry,you both earned it!;)

Hi all.

Well it looks like Number One gets a new Van for Mothers day:) The new boat should pull nice with extra 100 ponies;)

Trent. The forecast for Saturday is looking a little windy at 25 k out of the west so it will probably be choppy.

Cheers, Clark

sorry to bother everyone. Does anyone have any recomendations for decent fishing spots during a windy day? maybe a bay or river. just excited to get the new boat out and do some fishing. Thanks again

hey buddy its smokercraft 17.5 lol and it was a night to go for a drive anyways I know u would do the same 4 me , And nice mothers day gift as well hope my number 1 doesnt want the same lol great story kirby

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks