Removing Old Fuel

Loonietoon

I had filled up my fuel end of 2018 and put in Seafoam. Did nnot use boat last year due to my Father being sick and l had to look after his health so boat did not get used. Disconnected the hand ball and tried to pump out the fuel and it was a no go ball will not build up pressure. Need to find a pump so l can pump out internal tank. Anny ideas as to where l can find a pump for this

How big is your tank? I use an electric fuel pump plumed into the feed line from the tank and the other end into a gerry can. It's a small pump which fits in the palm of your hand and is dedicated strictly for fuel dumps. Works slick! Where are you located?

If you can run your fuel like through your drain in the transom so its lower than the tank. You should be able to just siphon it out. Small suck through the line. Or blow into the fuel fill should start the flow. Its all down hill from there!

How big is your tank? I use an electric fuel pump plumed into the feed line from the tank and the other end into a gerry can. It's a small pump which fits in the palm of your hand and is dedicated strictly for fuel dumps. Works slick! Where are you located?
Located in Hamilton

If you were closer I would drop the pump off (from a distance, right?) and you can do your thing...I'm in St. Thomas however. If you have a Princess Auto close by, check out their small electrics, they work great and simple to plumb.

Thanks for the replys, never thought of hooking up an electric fuel pump will pick one up a friend works at a wrecking yard so l will talk to him tonight and then remove the ball and hook it in. hope that works ;)

If you were closer I would drop the pump off (from a distance, right?) and you can do your thing...I'm in St. Thomas however. If you have a Princess Auto close by, check out their small electrics, they work great and simple to plumb.
Thank you for the offer cmac much appreciated THANK YOU

not saying to not drain out if that's what you want to do....i know people love their boats :)

i bought my boat in mid '16 lund with an evinrude 115 -stroke
used it a few times that year and then she sat until summer of '19....no treatments, 1/4 tank full (and just regular grade...so ya ethanol)...shyt i didnt even get around to fogging it

finally got the antsiness up last year to get her back out on the water...added a half bottle of injector cleaner, some stabilizer (as per directions) and give or take 20L of 94 octane. Runs like a dream at 2mph, full out throttle and everywhere in between.

is the seafoam a thing i need to consider staying away from??

I use fuel stabilizer every fill up cause I ain't bright enough to remember to use it once and a while. Second year on a 20$ bottle. That's only 1 lost husky jerk with swivel.

@Loonietoon , I use a PA shaker syphon, cheap and effective.

You sure you don't have a fuel line issue? With the Seafoam your gas shouldn't be done.

loonietoon, how much fuel is in the tank? Here's a thought. If this is the second year for the fuel, I suggest introducing some K-100 to what you have in there. If any water is present, the K-100 will suspend it and allow it to burn, as well, it revitalizes older fuel...saves you from dumping and saves $$$. My boat has 340 L. in her from 2 years ago and treated with K-100. I dumped 25 L. from her recently and the fuel was good with no water in it.( water will settle at the bottom if any present) The stuff works! If you want to try that route but can't find any, let me know, I will set you up with some. My number is...807-707-5456

Mike

loonietoon, how much fuel is in the tank? Here's a thought. If this is the second year for the fuel, I suggest introducing some K-100 to what you have in there. If any water is present, the K-100 will suspend it and allow it to burn, as well, it revitalizes older fuel...saves you from dumping and saves $$$. My boat has 340 L. in her from 2 years ago and treated with K-100. I dumped 25 L. from her recently and the fuel was good with no water in it.( water will settle at the bottom if any present) The stuff works! If you want to try that route but can't find any, let me know, I will set you up with some. My number is...807-707-5456

Mike
The tank is full so l might try that CTC will have it l think

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks