Rain gear recommendations wanted.

I wear a 12yr old LL bean jacket. Best piece of outerwear I ever bought ;) Unfortunately the latest version of the jacket, the Apex tec is not currently available. I was hoping to pick up a new one this year. Might try their goretex paclite instead. The neoprene cuffs are a godsend. And my jacket has a waist cuff that has saved me from being soaked a few times after slipping into neck deep water.....

Josh

Bought a set of cabelas goretex rainwear a few years ago. The bibs are great, and inside the parka in the winter as a coat

Hey Stick you need a snow repellent jacket for those fall steelhead days...check the simms website they have a huge sale on now,,,Pocono cheers....

Hey Stick you need a snow repellent jacket for those fall steelhead days...check the simms website they have a huge sale on now,,,Pocono cheers....
It better be 75% off before I'll pay that kind of money Jojo. But I'll check it out. Simms lost me when their price on waders jumped $200 when I needed a pair so I went with Patagonia and love them. I have 3 different weights of coats now for fishing but only my heavy is still water tight. I guess 20 years of hard fishing can get to wear on the gear a bit, especially where I take it. ;)

It better be 75% off before I'll pay that kind of money Jojo. But I'll check it out. Simms lost me when their price on waders jumped $200 when I needed a pair so I went with Patagonia and love them. I have 3 different weights of coats now for fishing but only my heavy is still water tight. I guess 20 years of hard fishing can get to wear on the gear a bit, especially where I take it. ;)
Or don’t fish in the rain. I have a friend that told me that chickens have a brain smaller than your little finger nail and they know enough to stay out of the rain. Just saying....

Or don’t fish in the rain. I have a friend that told me that chickens have a brain smaller than your little finger nail and they know enough to stay out of the rain. Just saying....
You definitely don't know me or the trout crazies I hang with. Horizontal rain from the tail end of seasonal hurricanes is just a walk in the bush.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks