Pt Burwell Aug 31/11

kingtroller

First time on lake Erie, I followed the advice from this board and went out to 60 fow, quite a bumpy ride today, and started with 2 riggers down 35 and 45ft, one dipsy #3 150 ft back and leadcore 10 colors out.I found out very quickly that my heavy rods and line from lake Ontario won't work here, so I switched to liter rod and line(15 lb) and here is my first eye about 5 lb on rigger with a bodybait green with black stripes, very much like a perch. Switched to a even liter rod and line (8 lb) and got another eye 7.3lb, very long leads 140 ft on riggers. At the end if the day I can say it's a totally different game than lake Ontario. I tried several speeds and I found the one that worked for me 3.1 mph at the ball. Lots of bait fish. How long is the season going for eyes?

kingtroller,Welcome to the Board!,and Thank-You for posting your results,it looks like that you had a good day for your first time out on Lake Erie,but remember,Respect this Lake,She can whip up in No Time,being the shallowest Great Lake,therefore the WAVES WILL BUILT FAST.(BEEN THERE,AND LEARNED QUICKLY),a few year`s ago.About your question about,"How long is the season for eyes?" Check out,"END of SEASON" under Topics(page 1),then under Author Helmut,he has the same question that you are inquireing about. Keep On Posting about your day`s on the Water,Good or Bad. Play Safe.

RED FISH

lake was pretty good in the evening on the 31 st. left dock at 5:30 quit at about 8:15 ended with 5 eyes and 2 bows.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks