pro's and con's of shrink rap

skinny

ok so last year the tarp I used to cover my boat sucked so I have been thinking of shrink wrap
but I don't know anything about it nor the cost of doing it
i have a 16.5 ft bowrider

I had a guy come out to my place and do the winterization / shrink wrap thing last year. I think all in it was about $200 and I have a 17' bass tracker. If you use the big shops they tend to charge silly prices like when you take your car to a "dealer"
I hear North Erie Marina has a mechanic on site and they do the wrap / winterization thing too. I seem to recall they were reasonable on their price per ft. I will say, I have never had an issue even with all the snow we had last year and stored outside, worth it not to have to go "play in the snow".

I made a tarp tent. Used a couple of those saw horse brackets you can get at Home hardware and a few 2x4's made the legs and some cross braces and a ridge pole running the length and pulled the tarp over securing the tarp underneath with ratchet straps. Used a heavy tarp from TSC as i have a 21 ft Sylvan Cuddy, that's the silver tarps. Put a little piece of carpet around the edges of the 2x4's. Snow just slides right off

At the old imperial tobacco plant in Aylmer, there is a guy renting indoor space for I believe 35 a month, can't beat that ,no shrink wrap needed or fuss

I have been using a portable shelter for our boat . Put it up in late fall and take it down in spring.

Hi rushcreek do you have any more info on that guy. I would like to store my boat this year. A phone # would be great Thanks R.j.

We shrink AND store for $11 a foot. We like shrink wrap 10xs better than indoor for these reasons:
1. The way you put it away is the way you get it back. No dust
2. The shrink wrap dries everything out. No moisture = no mold
3. No animals because plastic is tight all the way around the rub rail
4. Pay for only the length of the boat. Not the length of boat and trailer

We shrink wrap our own boat even though we have indoor storage as we've had a couple run ins with raccoons that have destroyed interior :(

Call North Erie Marina to get your name on the list 519-765-2010

Hi there... What would be your price per foot if I just bring you the boat and have you shrink wrap it and then I store it myself?....

I'd make sure your boat is very, very dry before you put shrink wrap on it. Keeps moisture out... and in.

I also offer indoor storage in the London area if anyone is interested give me a call for pricing

519 280 1972

Mike

Everything is vented and has moisture packs so zero moisture it's very dry underneath :) same price wheather we store or not. We have tons of room so we basically store for free it's $11 a foot either way

Hi Greg/Sam: How late in season can you do this? probably a stupid question but first season with boat. I want to fish as long as possible and may not put boat away til end of Nov?
Is that a problem or workable?

That shouldn't be a problem just give us a call and give us a heads up so we can make sure we ave enough plastic left if we have finished up.

"We have tons of room so we basically store for free" You have lots of docks to, does that mean next year is free?;)

Greg wrapped my boat last year, and absolutely did a great job, vented and moisture packs added to our surprise , stored onsite . no complaints at all

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks