Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

Consider myself rather of a contisir when it comes to weed. If you smoke it and get high, its good stuff. If you don't get high, its shit.
Never had any with Bicarbonate, but have puffed a few with Bacardi over ice, think that counts?

Not 30,000,000 electric lettuce but that doesn’t matter not the point I was trying to make
What do you do for a living?

I make chips from mostly stainless and high nickel castings into products for the energy sector.

There was a guy on the news one eve, called himself Master Grower. that would be the Dope. lol

I would still rather not smoke it
Not worried about being harmed by potassium bicarbonate
More so don’t want the taste in my smoke.

I was replying to your post where you said that it’s unsafe to smoke/vape bud that’s been sprayed with fungicide (potassium bicarbonate). Unsafe is different than not wanting to use it because it might effect taste, which it doesn’t.

1 of mine had a bad case of powdery mildew, but it didn’t spread to the other 3 including the one that’s growing into the infected plant. One spray and the mildew has been killed and practically all washed away.

Time to start on the earlier maturing plants. Worst part of the whole deal...

I was replying to your post where you said that it’s unsafe to smoke/vape bud that’s been sprayed with fungicide (potassium bicarbonate). Unsafe is different than not wanting to use it because it might effect taste, which it doesn’t.

1 of mine had a bad case of powdery mildew, but it didn’t spread to the other 3 including the one that’s growing into the infected plant. One spray and the mildew has been killed and practically all washed away.

Time to start on the earlier maturing plants. Worst part of the whole deal...
The ones that didn’t get it must be resistant varieties and those are the ones you want to be growing outdoors
And I was saying actual fungicides that actually work to kill mildew are unsafe
That’s why they aren’t registered for use on cannabis.
potasiumBicarbonate doesn’t kill
Mildew it only gives it a hard time to grow into the leaf.
potassium Bicarbonate isn’t a fungicide. It only works against mildew because the high ph reduces the mildews ability to grow into the leaf.
There is many fungicides that actually work great to kill powdery mildew
One example would be Nova
But the active ingredient in Nova will turn to a form a cyanide when you smoke the buds!
It will poison and kill you over time
potasisum bicarbonate is a salt and when left on the bud after harvest it most certainly will affect the taste.

MilStop is the registered product for Cannabis that has the active ingredient Potassium Bicarbonate.
Potassium Bicarbonate is typically used to raise the pH of irrigation water or to add Bicarbonates to the rain water we bring into the Greenhouse

I work with all of them and more at the greenhouse

Attachments

• F2A9BC8D-1D4E-43EC-9093-9E190903CFC6.jpeg
    F2A9BC8D-1D4E-43EC-9093-9E190903CFC6.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 18
  • A182A3A1-E4D8-42E8-8520-9CDFDEB01FAD.jpeg
    A182A3A1-E4D8-42E8-8520-9CDFDEB01FAD.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DB9B01DC-FA1C-48AD-9F97-DBAE3C3E2C4F.jpeg
    DB9B01DC-FA1C-48AD-9F97-DBAE3C3E2C4F.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 19
Does this white mildew happen from rain water sitting on the leaves? Seems like plants that don’t get much sun or are enclosed get the mildew.

Does this white mildew happen from rain water sitting on the leaves? Seems like plants that don’t get much sun or are enclosed get the mildew.
Yes when your leaf sits wet mildew spores will germinate into the leaf.
More air flow can help dry the leaf surface but the climate we get in the fall most plants are wet all night long. Best to find varieties that are resistant to powdery mildew.
so if you find you have a specific variety that isn’t getting it now. Then that’s a good one to grow more of next year.

No mildew on mine. They get sun most of the day and in an open area. I’ve noticed keeping them very trimmed and cleaning up dead leaves are keeping the bugs away and allows sun light to get to buds that wouldn’t normally get sun.

No mildew on mine. They get sun most of the day and in an open area. I’ve noticed keeping them very trimmed and cleaning up dead leaves are keeping the bugs away and allows sun light to get to buds that wouldn’t normally get sun.
Leaves are sitting wet all night most nights guaranteed
So you likely have resist varieties

Tillsonburg - Simcoe area
There is a store “Growing Together Supply”
They may have what you need, you could try giving them a call see if they have it. If not may have to make a trip to London to Ontario Growers Supply.

The ones that didn’t get it must be resistant varieties and those are the ones you want to be growing outdoors
And I was saying actual fungicides that actually work to kill mildew are unsafe
That’s why they aren’t registered for use on cannabis.
potasiumBicarbonate doesn’t kill
Mildew it only gives it a hard time to grow into the leaf.
potassium Bicarbonate isn’t a fungicide. It only works against mildew because the high ph reduces the mildews ability to grow into the leaf.
There is many fungicides that actually work great to kill powdery mildew
One example would be Nova
But the active ingredient in Nova will turn to a form a cyanide when you smoke the buds!
It will poison and kill you over time
potasisum bicarbonate is a salt and when left on the bud after harvest it most certainly will affect the taste.

So if it doesn’t kill powdery mildew, do tell how it magically disappears and doesn’t start growing again after treating plants with potassium bicarbonate?

A huge number of vegetable and weed growers across North America use potassium bicarbonate because it both kills and prevents farther growth. Could also explain why it’s the main “killing ingredient” in some fungicides?

As for effecting taste, tons of people are well aware that simple rain or a garden hose rinses away the stuff.

Do you own stocks in some fungicide company?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks